epilogue

hi, this is gonna be sad. you're gonna cry. so if you wanna listen to music, i recommend "Superhero" by Lauv or "Jealous" by Labrinth, though any sad song is fine.

❝i love you too damnit❞

She smiles as Brad stands there with a bunch of roses in his hands that James had made for him. She sighs, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"I promised you I'd take you on a date," he smiles weakly, rubbing their noses together. "And since we don't have long, I want to go now."

"Okay," She complies, taking his hand and squeezing it to reassure him. She knew she wanted to spend her last hours with the boy she loved with all of her heart.

He takes her out of the house and takes her West. The butterflies were shining gold brightly under the night sky and she smiles as they follow them down to a fallen tree where Brad had set up a small picnic.

A red and white checked blanket lay next to the tree for them to lean against and a jar of Cassandra's favourite cookies as well as some sandwiches lay out for her.

She sat down between Brad's legs as he leant against the fallen log, resting her own head on his chest as he refuses to take his eyes off of her. He wanted to remember every last thing about her.

She felt a tear from his eye fall onto her and she shifts her head, a smile on her face as she wipes it away, "don't cry over me. You're an ugly crier."

He chuckles, wiping away a few tears that she didn't manage to catch.

"Of course you'd try and crack a joke in a moment like this," he smiles and she lifts her head up so that their lips touch. He savoured her touch, her taste. "I don't want you to go."

"I don't want to go," she admits. She had found her happiness, her reason to live. She didn't want to leave him alone in this terrible, terrible world that she made better for him.

"I'm so mad," he sighs. "If I had been ten minutes earlier you wouldn't have drank that stupid drink and you would've been fine."

"Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault, but Ethan's."

"And that damn bastard got away with it," Brad growls, shaking his head to clear his thoughts. "I should've killed him when I had the chance."

They fall into a comfortable silence, Brad watching her eat his cookies. They knew they didn't have long left with each other.

"Can we listen to some music?" She asks. "I wanna listen to some music."

"I don't have a stereo, but I can sing to you instead," he suggests and she nods eagerly. She had never heard Brad sing before so she was excited to hear what he sounded like.

He starts off humming, not sure what he's going to sing but he eventually starts singing the song, Jealous by Labrinth. She smiles at his soft voice that ripples through the trees beautifully.

"Brad, can I ask you something?" She asks, tilting her head and he nods, wrapping his arms around her tighter as he rests his head on her shoulder, his singing coming to a stop. He wanted to hear her speak for as long as he could. "Are there more of us out there? Elementums, I mean."

"Of course. Not many, but there's some more of us," he replies, kissing her shoulder and causing a small smile to reach her face at the feeling. She couldn't get enough of him and the way he made her feel inside. She felt like a little schoolgirl with butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

"When I'm gone, I want you to promise me you'll find them all," she says. "And help them with their powers, help them discover their true selves. Learning about what I really am changed my life and I've felt more in control of my body. I want others to feel like that, too."

"Cassie, my beautiful little Cassie. You're too good for this world," he concludes quietly, kissing her cheek softly. "I promise I'll do that. Anything for you."

She opens her mouth to say something but her throat clenches up and she feels like she can't breathe. She sits up, Brad alarmed and panicked and worried as he rubs her back as she tries to breathe but she coughs out instead.

"Baby—," he says, his eyes tearing up because he knows what comes next. She coughs uncontrollably and blood splatters against her hand and she starts shaking violently.

She looks over to Brad, tears brimming her eyes, "I don't wanna go, Brad."

"I don't want you to go either," he replies, holding her close as blood trickles down her nose. "We didn't deserve you, the world and I. You're the most beautiful girl, remember that? And you're so strong, okay?"

"I love you," she says with as much confidence as she could muster and her eyes grow heavy. "I love you so much. Don't cry for me when I'm gone, okay? You're too beautiful to cry."

He smiles weakly as tears run down his face as he cradled her to his body, "I love you, too, dammit. I wish you could stay forever."

She doesn't reply, her eyes shut and she lets one last breath escape her mouth as Brad holds her close, unable to control the tears and sobs escaping his mouths as he holds the lifeless body of his Cassie to his chest.

+

the end.

YOU KNOW WHAT
I'm mad at myself for how this got so sad but you know what I don't care ! fuck all of y'all ! jk ilysm dont hate me omg i know that brassandra didn't deserve this </3

i wanna thank u for reading omg I'm so surprised you guys liked this I've never really written anything like this

but if u wanna read more stuff ive written check out my page and my completed books like the bet, the roommate, daddy issues and im currently working on some new books like gap year and yes, sir which are gonna be fun !

lots of love as always,
jess x