forty one

❝i love you❞

❝i love you❞

She pushes through the crowd, people mumbling swear words at her as she barges past them but she ignores them as she races over to Brad who hadn't spotted her yet.

Their hearts were racing loudly and the moment that he spotted his girl, he moves quickly towards her. The impact from them both moving so quickly causes air to be knocked out of them.

They hold on to each other tightly, neither saying anything as they took in each other's presence as though they'd been away from each other for a lifetime, even though it had been a measly few weeks.

One of his hands held on to the back of her head, stroking her hair as her head rested on his shoulder and her arms wrapped around his torso tightly. His other hand was on her waist, pulling her closer as he heard a sob escape her lips.

He moves her head off of his shoulder carefully watching her eyes change from frosted over back to their normal aqua blue, a tear slipping out but he wipes it away quickly.

He presses his lips to hers softly, letting her hands cup his cheeks as their lips move together. She pulls away, looking over his face before he rests their foreheads together.

"I missed you," she breathes out and he simply smiles. "God, I can't believe you're here."

"I promised you," he replies, placing a kiss to her forehead, nose, cheeks, lips. "I'm not leaving you, ever."

She looks over his shoulder to see the three boys walking over and she smiles, removing her grip off of Brad and engulfing Tristan in a hug first.

"Nice to see you, too," Tristan chuckles as she moves away from her and she smiles at the blonde.

"I missed you guys," she laughs at Tristan and Connor, sending Connor a smile before turning to James and jutting out her hand. "And we never properly met. I'm Cassandra."

"I've heard all about you," James smiles, shaking hands with the girl as his eyes flicker to Brad who's stood behind her, one of his hands on her waist already. "I'm James."

"Look, can we get out of here?" Connor asks, looking behind himself. "We have Cassie and if we get out of here now, we avoid any confrontation."

"I'm up for that," Tristan agreed and James nods, ready to leave too. Brad takes her hand, squeezing it tightly as they move towards the door but the two guards holding spears at the entrance stop them.

"Sorry, but you're not permitted to leave the premises until after the dinner," the first guard says and Tristan looks behind his shoulder, giving Cassandra and Brad a nervous glance.

Cassandra steps forward, "I'm sorry but I have a really awful stomach ache, is there no way we could leave early? I don't want to end up throwing up all over the guests and give them a bad impression of me."