forty three

❝let me help❞

❝let me help❞

The man slowly approaches the five Elementums and Brad grabs Cassandra's hands as the man readjusts his grip on the knife, ready to attack at any second.

"You don't deserve to live," the man chuckles. "You're going to destroy us, us humans. It is best you die."

Cassandra notices his grip change and she shouts quickly, "get down!"

The boys all crouch, Brad pulling Cassandra down as the knife flies unpredictably towards them, getting stuck in the wall as it misses their face. The man lunges for Connor but James is already on him, the pair taking him down.

Tristan looks to his left to see more attackers approaching and instantly blows them away as he holds out his hand. Brad and Cassandra stay by each other's side.

"What do we do?" Cassandra asks and Brad squeezes her hand.

"We need to get out of here but I don't know how," Brad growls. As Connor finishes with the man from before, he notices Tristan blowing some more attackers away.

"No! The food! Not the food!" Connor cries out as one goes flying into the table, a candle burning the attacker's clothing. Brad makes the fire flare up and it burns the man to death instantly.

The entire hall is in hysteria as people run to get out or attack other people, but the guards don't let anyone pass through the doors so the entrances grow clogged up.

Brad keeps Cassandra safe next to him as he tries to find somewhere safe for them to go through. Ethan sat at the head of the table by a pile of helpless and lifeless bodies, a smirk on his face as we watched hell rein down on his guests.

Some attackers approach Brad and Cassandra as Tristan fights off a couple men and the other pair of helping. Brad pushes his girl behind him as he lets fire shoot out of his hands, wrapping around their throats.

This gains the attention of more of Ethan's supporters and more people begin to approach. Cassandra notices that, soon enough, they're going to be outnumbered.

Someone tries to jump Cassandra from behind but she quickly turns around and raises her leg, roundhouse kicking them. She didn't care that she was wearing a dress and that it wasn't lady-like, she had to keep herself alive.

The attacker, a man with blonde hair, groans at the impact but stays afoot as he tries to palm her throat, but Cassandra gets down in time and kicks the man's shin.

Brad sets the final attacker on fire and returns to Cassandra's side, quickly punching the blonde man in the throat before burning his insides.

"I had that," Cassandra whines as Brad rolls his eyes. "Let me help you guys instead of just shoving me behind and protecting me."