twenty

❝your first question❞

Brad wasn't phased by her confidence at all, and instead thrives off of it, in hope to destroy it. She waits for him to throw the first punch and when he does, she quickly dodges it.

"You're so slow, old man," she teases him and he rolls his eyes. "How old are you again? Fifty?"

"Twenty one," he corrects her. "And you're what? Four?"

"Nineteen," she says, kicking his shin and he feels the pain rushing through his leg but quickly recovers, jumping up and roundhouse kicking her.

She falls to the floor and does a few rolls, shaking off the pain as she stands up. She moves closer and quickly jabs him three times, one to the shoulder, chest and stomach, but on her third jab, he grabs her arm and twists it, causing her to turn and her back to be pressed against his chest.

"Don't get too confident, Cassie," he reminds her. "I don't want to hurt your ego too much when you lose against me."

She scoffs, "please, it's your ego that you need to be worried about."

He takes the moment to push her onto the floor, her back against it and her arms pinned above her head as he climbs on top of her.

"You look nice with your hair spread on the floor," he attempts to distract her. "But I think it'll look nicer like that on my bed."

She flips them over as best she could, so that she's sat on him with his arms pinned on either side of him.

"You're gross," she scoffs and he smirks, fire shooting out of his hand, spinning around her body before disappearing which surprises her, causing her to yelp and move away. "I didn't know we could use our powers otherwise I'd have drowned you ages ago."

"Speaking of drowning," he says, standing up and kicking her leg. It had no affect on her. "Your boyfriend threatened to drown me, too."

"My boyfriend?" She tilts her head in confusion, kicking his stomach and punching at his face a couple of times but he grabs her fist on the second punch with his left hand and punches her stomach with his right hand.

"Connor," he teases her. "When's the wedding?"

"We aren't dating."

"He sure acts like you do," he palms her throat and she lets out a cough. "I'm pretty sure he likes you."

"Well, he doesn't," Cassandra swipes his legs from underneath him and climbs on top of him again. "He's my best friend."

"He likes you," he says, no longer struggling against her grip but she only holds on tighter. "You're just oblivious to it."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"How am I?" She tilts her head in confusion as she only slightly loosens her grip on Brad's wrists.