sixteen

❝it isn't difficult❞

"I shouldn't be this nervous," Cassandra admits to Connor as she sits opposite him at the breakfast table. They had gone out for some breakfast since the house was still tense.

It had been two days since they got back from their road trip and she was all healed up. Joe explained that she heals faster than a usual human because she's an Elementum.

"Don't be nervous, he won't burn you," Connor chuckles. Today was the day Brad was teaching Cassandra to use her fire and she was beyond scared as to what could happen. "Dean will be there, too. He won't let anything happen to you."

Cassandra nods slowly, thanking the waitress who hands them their order. Tristan was going to come but decided to stay and give Brad another lecture about how he has to start to get used to Cassandra, especially for today.

"Who knows, maybe he'll start to like you," Connor smiles and she sighs out. She found it hard to believe that Brad would ever be nice to her.

It made her feel very self aware of everything she did because she didn't want to do something in front of him that would annoy him or do something that would effect him negatively.

"This is so nice," Connor says in awe, eating a fried egg. "I love this place."

"It's nice," she smiles. The breakfast place was very modern, which groovy shapes covering the walls. The front door was shaped as an egg and the tables were shaped in loaves of bread and the chairs made of butter blocks.

They finish their breakfast soon and Cassandra pays with the money she had gotten from her house from previous shifts at work. She had no clue how the boys got their money but equally she didn't question it.

When they get back, she changes quickly so that she is ready for Brad straight away. That way, there's no complaining from Brad because everything will be running smoothly.

As she walks downstairs, dressed in some appropriate clothes for learning how to control fire—well, she hoped that since she couldn't exactly search it up on Google—Brad is stood at the bottom of the stairs with Dean, discussing what is going to happen today.

As Brad heard her walking down, he looks behind his shoulder, his eyes scanning over what she's wearing. He nods approvingly, causing relief to wash over Cassandra, before turning back around and asking Dean if we can go now.

Brad hated being in the same room as Cassandra. Not only because he didn't particularly like her, but because she always cooled him down and he didn't feel the raging fire heating up his body. He wasn't used to feel normal temperature and not one hundred degrees, plus.

They all head North, one of the ways Cassandra hadn't gone in the woods. She had gone West with Tristan to see the butterflies and East with Connor to work with her water and South to work with Tristan on her wind, and now she was going North to work on her fire.