fifteen

❝i guess i am❞

❝i guess i am❞

"I got it," she smiles at Tristan and Connor as she walks out of her room, holding up a book that she wanted to bring with her, as well as a box Charlie had gotten her for her birthday last year. It was late at night and her parents had been in their room all night which meant that Cassandra had to get Charlie ready for bed.

Tristan smiles, putting his arm over her shoulder as they made their way to the door, "lets go back, then."

"Are you sure it's safe to go back this late at night?" She asks Tristan. Connor was on the phone next to them, talking to Brad who was annoyed they had left without telling him.

"Yes, yes," Tristan reassures Cassandra, a smile on his face. "You can sleep in the back if you're tired."

"Alright," she sighs, turning to Connor who ended the call with a gruff. "Everything alright?"

"Brad's being an arse with me now," Connor mumbles. "I swear down that I'm gonna end up drowning him if he continues to be in a mood constantly."

"I say do it," Tristan says, jokingly which causes Connor to laugh. They reach the Jeep moments later and all go to their respective seats.

Cassandra was exhausted and pulled her legs up to her chest as she looked at the buildings passing by as she rested her head against the window.

Tristan noticed her sleepy state and kept the music off and Connor understand as he turned around and saw her eyes falling. The ride was silent until Tristan spots a figure in the middle of the road.

"What the hell?" Tristan mumbles, slowing down his car on the empty street that was surrounded by acres of woods. He couldn't see who it was so he unlocked the car and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"What is it?" Cassandra mumbles as she raises her head from the seat, dropping her legs.

"Stay here, I'm gonna make sure they're okay," Tristan says as he glances at the figure stood with its legs parted and arms by their side.

"Be careful," Connor says to his friend as he unbuckles his seat belt and climbs next to Cassandra while Tristan leaves the car.

Connor reaches to the boot and grabs a bat with sharp spikes scattered over it, before handing it to Cassandra.

"Just in case."

"Just in case," she repeats, holding on to the handle firmly as they poke their heads between the two front seats to see what Tristan was doing.

Spotlights from the lampposts were scattered across the road but it just shadowed out the figure, finding it difficult for anyone to see.

"Hey, there," Tristan says hesitantly, moving slowly. "You alright, bud?" There was no reply and Tristan frowns. "Can you hear me? Do you need some help?"