ten

❝i'll go easy❞

❝i'll go easy❞

"You're gonna burn a lot of calories," Connor slides a plate over to Cassandra with a grin. "So eat up, Cassandra, you're gonna want a lot of energy."

She looks down at the plate full of sausages and bacon and beans and eggs and picks up her fork slowly. She was so nervous because she didn't know what today would entail, so she didn't particularly feel like eating.

"Hey," Tristan greets the pair as he walks into the kitchen with a smile. The mood had been uplifted ever since Cassandra found out she was going to help find out James.

"You good?" Connor asks as he sits opposite Cassandra who was cutting up some of her food slowly.

The boys have a conversation between them as Cassandra pushes her food around. She'd completely lost her appetite and eventually she dumps the rest of her food into the bin.

She leaves without Connor and Tristan even noticing and walks out with a sigh, not realising Brad was walking into the room at the same time she was leaving and they collide, causing her to mutter a string of apologies.

"It's fine," he rolls his eyes, looking past her shoulder and over to Tristan and Connor who were now looking over.

Tristan mouths over to him, "be nice" and Brad holds back a sigh before looking down at her.

"Excited for today?" He asks, trying not to cringe at himself. He knew she wasn't excited because he could hear her heart beating wildly in her chest even when he was upstairs. He was just trying to be nice.

"Not really," she mumbles and Brad purses his lips, not sure what to say. She leaves promptly, going upstairs.

"I tried," Brad says at his two friends who were looking with disapproving looks. "I tried to be nice."

"Instead, you made it immensely awkward," Tristan says and Brad shoots him a glare. "I'm being honest."

"What was I meant to say?" Brad growls. "Was I meant to start doing her hair and nails or something?"

"Whatever," Connor stops the pair from starting an argument, especially since they were inside and if Brad got angry the house could get burnt down. "Dean's going to be here soon—"

As though on cue, the doorbell rings and Connor gives them a look and stands up to get the door.

Dean was the reason the boys had such good control of their powers. They were hoping Dean could do the same for Cassandra.

As Connor opens the door, Cassandra walks down the stairs to see the three boys greeting Dean with grins and hugs. When Dean spots Cassandra on the stairs, he smiles.

"If it isn't Little C," he smiles. Dean worked at the same motel Cassandra did for a long time. Cassandra grins, letting him engulf her in a well needed hug. "What trouble have you got yourself in to now?"