Chapter:1

"Come to me, love me, bear my pups!" He said while staring holes in my back, but I'm too scared to turn around and face him.

After a while of him staring at my back I finally get the courage to look at the man that speaks to me in my dreams; big, beautiful and bodying authority. Everything a she-wolf could ask for in a mate, but not me.

"No, you're not my mate!" He stares at me with an expression of hurt as the words slip out of my mouth, but I look everywhere but his face to stop myself from feeling bad.

"Yes, I am... you just have to find me, come find me!" He says before turning around and walking away from me, then disappearing into thin air, but not before he turned my way and gave me a sly smile.

"No, you're not my mate! You can't be!" I scream at no one really, feeling tears roll down my cheeks. "I didn't want this!" I dropped to my knees, not caring about the dirt that'll get on me. I threw my head in my hands and sobbed.

***

"Anna, wake up!" Lily shook me from my sleep, I slowly open my eyes. I see my friend standing there with her hands on my shoulder and a worried look on her face. "Are you finally going through your dreams?" She looks at me with hope soaring in her eyes.

I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to tell my pack just yet. Once you get your dreams you're basically kicked out the pack to find your mate and you can't come back until you have found your other half. But I wasn't ready to leave my life, family, and friends behind just yet.

"N-no, just a nightmare." I replied back trying my best to sound confident. Lily gave me a weird look, like she knew I was lying, but her face soon softened and she sat down next to me on my bed.

"You know you don't have to lie to me, just tell me. The moon goddess wouldn't give you a mate if you weren't ready, so just keep that in mind." She gives me a warm smile before standing up and walking out my room.

Maybe she was right, but if the moon goddess thought I was ready, then why didn't I feel ready? She was meant to pair us up,not conclude when it was time for us to meet our pair. It just didn't seem fair to me, but I knew I couldn't keep away for much longer.... and that's what scares me.

I sighed. I'd have to tell someone sooner or later I thought, but right now, later sounded better. I finally got out of bed to get ready for training. I hurried into my bathroom, took a quick shower, threw on some nike shorts, a white tank-top and put on my tennis shoes and threw my hair up into a messy bun.

"Looking good as always, Orianna... not" I roll my eyes at myself, then walk out my bathroom and down stairs.

***

"Morning, Oreo!" My best friends joyfully sings as he watches me come down stairs, I roll my eyes at the nickname he couldn't give up on.

"Leave me alone, Wren" he gave me a playful push, then grabbed my hand as we ran to pack training.

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed".

We had pack training for two hours and by then I was tired and ready for a nap.

"Wow, that was a long training session, we never train for that long" Wren said while trying to catch his breath. He bent over and took huge gulps of oxygen for his needy lungs.

"Yeah, that was definitely a way to wake up" I said while going into the kitchen and grabbing me and Wren a water bottle.

Me and Wren had been best friends since birth basically, he was the alpha's son and I was the beta's daughter, so we spent a lot of time together, so we were bound to become friends. He was the person I'd lean on for everything and he was the same with me. Everybody in the pack expected us to be mates because of how close we were, but now that I have my dreams I know he's not my mate. Soon I know he'll be getting his dreams and he'll find his beautiful mate and bring her back to the pack and then he'll finally become alpha of the pack. That was everybody's dream in the pack, but not mine.