Chapter:27

"Where are you and the rest of the pack!?" Akai screamed into the phone angrily. He'd been upset as soon as we got back into the house.

"We're all in town. We thought we'd give you and the Luna some privacy. Did something happen?" Shea replied back calmly.

"Come back right now! I found all the wolves patrolling dead outside in the ducking woods! Hurry back."

"Oh, we'll start leaving now."

Akai then abruptly hung up the phone and I swore he was going to break his phone with how tight he was holding it. I watched as he paced the living room with raging fury- you could see the trail of anger he left behind as he walked to different parts in the room.

After watching him for a good five minutes of just being furious, I slowly walked over to his fuming figure.

"Akai?" I gently placed my hand on his arm, gaining his attention. "You need to calm down. You won't be able to get anything done with you this upset." I ran my hands through his hair because that always seemed to calm his down.

It wasn't working this time though.

The anger that had subsided for a second was now back and worst than ever. I tried to ease his fury, but he grabbed both of my arms roughly and looked down at me with an inflamed face.

"Don't tell me to relax! Did you not see those damn bodies and how mutilated they were!?" He angrily spat into my face and shook my body furiously. "And they had the nerve to play music. What if it was a fucking trap and they killed you, me, or both of us!? This pack would go to shambles because they would announce themselves as the new alpha!" Tears now started to spring to my eyes as the shaking and anger only grew. I had never seen him so infuriated and I never expected him to get this riled up either. "I can't even protect you; I have less than two hundred pack members! If a more developed pack comes... we will have no fucking chance. And who knows if they're still on my property while we're the only people here." Once he was done screaming into my face, he let go of my arms and I instantly fell to the ground with thick tears streaming down my face.

It was like he was a whole other man- a man like my father. Memories of me seeing my dad abuse my mother came ringing back into my head and had me crawling backwards towards the couch. I told myself I would never let what happened to her, happen to me, but as I'm sitting in a room all alone with a fuming Alpha I'm not so sure.

"Now I have to call my father and ask for help because I can't protect my own ducking pack! You have to leave, you have to leave today. When Shea comes back we'll find somebody to take you home." I wrapped my arms around my legs as I watched him angrily rant. He let out an ear piercing howl and my body shook in more fear than I thought I could ever feel around Akai. I just needed to remind myself that this wasn't him at all.

I know this wasn't him- he was better than this. Even though he might seem close to taking his anger out on me, I know he wouldn't. He had a kind heart and a caring soul. I trusted Akai, and I will continue to until he physically hurts me.

As Akai was slowly coming down from his anger high, the door busted open and the pack came rustling into the house. They all stopped once they seen the scene in front of them; me on the floor crying my eyes out, shaking, hands wrapped around my body, and rocking. Akai standing in front of me oozing with fury and anger and any other words that means mad; face blazing red, fangs on show, and hands balled into a fist. The sight didn't look good and I'm sure the whole pack were coming to the worst conclusions.

"W-what happened?" Shea cautiously walked over to me and squatted in front of me. "Are you alright? D-did he hit you?" My tears pooled down my face as I shook my head no. Shea let out a small sigh of relief before he stood and turned to Akai. "Come on, Alpha." With that Shea guided Akai out of the living and probably into his room to calm down. He fought to leave, but he eventually gave up and quickly strode to his room.