Chapter:19

And just like that... I was forgotten and left for dead.

I watched as his pack members gaze slowly landed on me. That's when the terror really started to enter my body.

"So, Orianna?" I was pumping myself to get up to run when that same girl from yesterday voice came ringing through my ears. My head quickly whipped up to her mischievous looking face... I knew she was up to no good. "Why is my Alphas scent on you? You rejected him for some lowlife wolf and now you want to come running back to him!? Wow, you're more stupid than I thought." I just stared at the girl as she spoke. The urge to stand up and punch her was getting stronger and stronger as each second passed.

"You don't know me and my situation, so spend your time on something else other than jumping to conclusions, okay?" I spoke in the sweetest voice I could muster. She looked at me and rolled her eyes, but she didn't say anything further.

I quickly stood up and went up to my room before anyone else got the idea that talking to me would be a good plan.

**************

Hours had past and I haven't moved since I got back up to my room. I didn't have a reason to.

I had taken multiple naps, gotten multiple snacks, and stared at the ceiling more times than I could count. I never noticed how much I depended on Wren and our friendship. Just being along for the last few hours showed me how I had taken advantage of his company.

I sighed for the millionth time in the last minute. I was actually about to pull my hair out from boredom.

Then loud laughter rang through the house. I felt jealous because I missed having moments like that with Wren and my pack. I slowly sat up as the laughter got louder and louder. I wanted to partake in whatever they were doing, since it seemed so fun.

So, I reluctantly got out of my bed and walked over to my door. I pressed my ear against it at first just to find out what was really going on.

I couldn't really hear anything, so I opened the door and walked downstairs. And to my surprise the whole pack was standing by the door laughing, happy and smiling. I could see Akai, Shea, and Aspen in the middle of the crowd as I sat down on the top stairs and watched them.

"You always bring the happiness wherever you go, Aspen!" Shea said wrapping one of his arms around her shoulder.

"What can I say- I'm a wolf by day and comedian by night." They all laughed again and that jealous feeling instantly came back into my body.

The plus side of having a smaller pack is that everybody was closer. Smaller packs just had this sort of bond that the larger packs just didn't have. I enjoyed the close knit pack, it was more intimate and loving.

"Orianna?" I was pulled out of my thoughts as Akai called my name. My head snapped up as everybody turned to see what had interrupted their Funtime.

"Oh, sorry. I was just... leaving." I said anxiously as I stared down at the mass of people staring at me like I did something wrong.

I stood up to leave, but Akai stopped me with his voice. "No, no stay! You're part of the pack now." I let out a little huff at that statement, but I still slowly turned around and made my way downstairs.

Akai watched me as I descended the stairs towards their little group. He took a step closer to his sister to make room for me, but I stepped next to Shea. I could see a flash of hurt cross through his eyes, but it was gone before anyone could notice. I didn't do it to hurt his feelings purposefully, but people did flock to things they felt more comfortable with and that just so happened to be Shea at this very moment.