Chapter:14

With rage clouding all my senses, my hand gripped her doorknob again, but this time I opened it and busted in.

"You're going to die!" I said as I walked into the room and stalked over to the male standing in front of my mate. I grabbed him by his neck and held him in the air. I was blinded by angry and betrayal. Going to another male to comfort her instead of me was just downright disrespectful to me.

"What are you doing!? Stop, put him down!" I felt Orianna pulling at my arms as I held up this man that she apparently held dear to her heart. She continued to kick and punch at me, hoping I would put him down.

"I will reject if you don't drop him now!" Her voice was serious, no cracks or squeaks. She was being dead serious and I was scared of the potential of her actually doing that, so I dropped the weak boy.

He fell onto his knees and Orianna ran quickly over to him and checked over his neck for any serious injuries. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry, Wren!" She soothingly rubbed his red neck as she spoke to him. That action made my blood boil even more.

I wanted to pick her up and drag her out of this house, but I knew I couldn't... it would only make our situation worst. So I just stood there staring at Orianna and this Wren boy.

Soon I heard footsteps coming towards Orianna's room. I paid no attention as a group of people came rushing into the room and came to Wren's aid- I just stood there with my arms crossed over my chest and a scowl etched on my face.

"Akai, did you really have to do this? They've been best friends for their whole life and Wren has already found his mate. You have nothing to worry about." Samuel said as some girl walked out the room with Wren. I rolled my eyes in reply, then I walked out of the room.

"Orianna, be ready in 5." I called out as I walked downstairs.

I knew what I did was wrong and impulsive, but she was my mate and I couldn't even get her to make eye contact with me and here she is having other males say they love her. It was infuriating and I can't handle myself when stuff like this happened.

I went downstairs and I sat on a couch as I waited for Orianna to come downstairs. I just wanted to leave and never come back to this pack. I wasn't some immature Alpha, but when I came here I always did something that made me seem like that. I was just so done with all this bs.

************

Me and Orianna were both in the car now and it was beyond awkward. Shea tried to make conversation with Orianna as I drove quickly on the road back to my pack house, but she only gave short answers or she just nodded her head. I felt bad for what I did, but she also had to see it from my point of view.

"I'm sorry, Orianna. I didn't come here trying to take you or get into an argument with your best friend. I just lost my control when I heard him say he loved you." I looked at her face in the mirror. She looked up at me and let out an annoyed huff.

"I don't want you to feel like I'm forcing you to do anything, but I also want you to give us a chance... don't give up on us. I don't know what's holding you back, but I'll try my best to fix it." I gave her a small reassuring smile, then I looked back on the road when she looked down in her lap. I sighed as I continued to drive.

"Are you going to hold a pack meeting to clear up all the issues going on... we don't want anyone coming after Orianna in the pack." Shea spoke and I wanted to shut him up the minute he brought up the pack.

Orianna moved in her seat, then she leaned forward so her head was between the two front seats. "What happened?" She said looking at Wren questioningly.

"Well, when you and Akai first met and you basically shooed him away, the whole pack saw it and now the pack is split; one side hates you for not being with Akai, the other half thinks Akai's not fit to be Alpha since he can't even get his mate." I sighed as Shea continued to speak, spilling all the beans.

I didn't want her to know because then she would probably feel bad and use that as the only reason she should be with me. I didn't want sympathy from anyone, especially my mate.

"Wow, I'm so sorry for putting you in this situation." Her voice was soft, filled with remorse... exactly what I didn't want. "Is there anything I could do to change your pack's mind?" I groaned in response as I turned the corner to my pack house.

"No, just leave it alone." My voice was gruff and low, signaling for the conversation to be over. I parked the car, then I quickly opened my door and got out, hastily walking to my pack house.

**********
Orianna's POV

"Don't mind him, he gets frustrated a lot and when I mean a lot, I mean a lot. He can sometimes be a hothead, but most of the time he's pretty calm. You'll learn to love him after a while." I sighed in response.

"Let's not stay in this car any longer than we have to... I'm sure you're hungry." I nodded my head as I unbuckled my seatbeat and opened the car door.

"What if someone attacks me or-"I said freezing outside of the door. I was scared to move any further, thinking someone would come for me. It's not like I was trained to fight or anything, so they would definitely win.

"It's fine... me and Akai will protect you." Shea placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I could already tell me and him were going to be good friends. I nodded my head in response, then I walked alongside Shea.

"He hates me doesn't he?" I looked up at Shea expectingly, I knew he hated me. I've done so much stuff to him and for the most part he's just been trying to make me comfortable. I really wished I could be with him and be the mate he always dreamt of, but my past is holding me back.

I hope that one day I'll be able to get over myself and my past, so I can be there for Akai. I didn't want to hurt him- I did want to give him my heart and... love him. It'll just take time, but I'll try to make it happen.

"He doesn't hate you, he never will. He just hoped you would warm up to him sooner than you are. He'll be fine though... you guys will be fine and the pack will grow to love you, so don't stress about anything." Shea gave me a bright smile as he opened the door for me.

I knew once I stepped through this door my life would never be the same.

I would either come back out with my mate standing by my side or I'll be standing alone, exposed to the world. Only the moon goddess knows what will happen next.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Yay, another chapter!

Any thoughts about what's going to be happening while Orianna stays with Akai?

Also I'm on spring break, so that means I have more time to write which I'm excited about!!Hopefully I can get another chapter out by Sunday or maybe even Saturday depending on how lazy I am😂