Chapter:11

I laid in bed just staring at the white ceiling. I didn't know what to think or do with myself.

I just felt so... wrong, but I had to keep telling myself that it was for the best. I had to keep this promise to myself and my mother.

Wren knocked on my door, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Can I come in?"

"I guess." In less than a second he was in my room and lying on my bed next to me.

"How do you feel?" He looked at me as he turned on his side.

"I don't feel anything, well truthfully I can't pick one feeling to feel at the moment." I sighed as I rolled on my side so that I was facing Wren.

"It'll be fine, you just need some time to think."

"I've tried that already and it didn't work."

Wren sat up and got off the bed and walked to the side I was lying down.

"Get up, Oreo! You can't just sit around and mope... you did bring this on yourself, remember?" Wren pulled me off the bed and pushed me into the bathroom.

"Get dressed, maybe it'll help you feel better about yourself. Oh, and my dad and your dad wants to see you." He whispered out the last part as he ran out of my room.

I sighed, but complied to Wren's wishes and cleaned myself up. Afterwards I threw on a simple outfit, pulled my hair up into a ponytail, then I made the trip to the Alphas office.

****************

As I walked in my dad and the Alpha were sitting at the table- hands crossed, and face blank. I already knew this wasn't going to be enjoyable.

I quickly walked in and sat down in the chair farthest away from them. "Hey, guys." I waved at them awkwardly, but they still wore the same blank, but serious faces.

I sighed as I sunk lower in my seat, wishing that this could just be over already.

"You lied to me and you did it straight to my face. You don't know how angry I am right now." The alpha spoke in a low, authoritative tone. I couldn't even meet his gaze as he talked, so I just looked at the table the whole time.

"I'm- I'm sorry." My voice was barely a whisper as I spoke. I played with my hands as I waited for someone to talk.

"I felt so bad for you- I was sad you hadn't got your mate yet and I thought you probably wouldn't either, but you've had a mate this whole time. And it's not like he's some random omega guy, no, he's an Alpha and his father is very powerful." The alpha kept talking and I kept sinking lower into my chair.

"I didn't know he was an Alpha."

"Yeah, because you never pay attention to anything. You need to focus more!" My dad finally spoke and of course it was only to tear me down. I just rolled my eyes and faced the alpha.

"Akai was over here a few days ago," the alpha spoke and I was shocked. I remember the other day when I came in the house it smelt... different, but good. And who would've known that it was my mate all along.

"Me and him didn't leave on the best of terms. He disrespected me and I disrespected him, which will take a lot of time to fix and let us be able to create a business relationship again." The alpha came and sat down next to me. He grabbed my hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"It's just a shocker that he would be your mate, though. He may be an Alpha, but he's a weak one. I definitely think the moon goddess could've gave my daughter something better!" My father chuckled as he spoke and it made my stomach churn.