Chapter:10

Akai POV

I quickly ran outside, not taking a second to look back. She had made her choice and I wasn't going to beg her to do something that she didn't want to do at all. "Akai?" I heard my Beta calling my name, but I just kept walking.

I pulled off the shorts I just had on and shifted into my wolf, then I ran off into the woods. I knew Shea would guide the pack back home, so I didn't worry about that.

I just needed to clear my mind and try my best to calm down because I wanted nothing more, but to go back there and mark her as mine and rip that boy who kept putting his hands on her throat out.

I ran through the woods, my big paws barely touching the ground as I pushed myself to run faster. I was blinded by anger and this was the only way to get rid of it.

As I finally seen my pack house coming to view I slowed down and took a deep breath for the first time in the last ten minute. I was just so overwhelmed with frustration, anger, rejection that I could barely breathe.

I quickly shifted back into human form and stocked over to my pack house. I ran one of my sweaty hands through my short brown hair as a nervous reflex. I busted the door open, literally ripping it away from its hinges, but I didn't care one bit.

At the sound of all the commotion, Ferrah came running down the stairs seeing what was happening. "Akai, are you okay? What happened?" She ran over to me and grabbed my shoulders.

I stared down at her as she spoke, but I couldn't hear a thing. My mind was just a jumbled mess right now and no one could fix it.

Then my mind drifted off to how beautiful my mate was; her big brown eyes, her soft full lips, and her smooth tanned skin. I leaned down to kiss Ferrah, imagining that it was my mate.

I kissed her roughly as images of my mate popped into my head. "Akai?" I heard Ferrah, but I didn't have the willpower to answer her. I only deepened the kiss.

"Akai!?" I heard my name being called again, but this time it was Shea, he roughly pulled me off of Ferrah. I looked at him, ready to punch the living lights out of him, but then I heard Ferrah whimpering behind me. I slowly turned around to see her with bloody lips from me biting them and she had bruises forming on her neck and arms from me grabbing her. I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs. I just couldn't handle all these emotions right now.

I walked into my room and slammed the door shut. I walked over to my bed and laid down. And that's when everything just hit me- all her words, how scared she was to see me, and her crying.

I sighed as I felt a single tear roll down my face. I just wanted us to be happy. I never meant to hurt or scare her. It just pained me that she didn't want me and she never would... no one would.

And the more I thought, the more I cried. The tears just kept falling down like there wasn't no tomorrow. I couldn't stop myself though.

I wiped my face, but another trail of tears would fall. I finally gave in and just let myself sob. I turned to lie on my stomach as I buried my face into my pillow to cancel out the sounds of my crying.

It was all just too much... even for an Alpha. I had never heard of any wolf not wanting their mate, so why did I have to be the first one? So many questions ran through my head.

Why me?
What did I do wrong?
Should I just kill myself before the body does?

I felt so low- the lowest I every felt in my entire life. And who knew that would be because of my mate.

As my sobs slowed down, my body finally relaxed and I dozed off into sleep. I knew what was coming next and I was scared to face her.

There I sat, in the damp grass. I saw her sitting a few feet away from me, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything or move to her. I was too weak and broken down.

"I'm- I'm sorry!" I heard her speak, but I didn't respond. I just hoped that this dream would be over soon. "It's not that I don't like you or that I'm with another person, I just... can't." She continued to ramble on, but I still didn't pay her any attention.

"P-please say something."

I slowly turned to her with an angry glare covering my face. "Something." I turned back around and stared off into the beautiful field.

"That's it?" I turned to her again because apparently she didn't get the memo from my silent treatment.

"What do you want me to say- I love you and I'm going to come to your house everyday and beg you to be with me? I'm not going to chase you, I have better things to do, then waste my time on some silly girl." I knew my tone was harsh, but I didn't care.

I did feel like I loved her, even if she never showed interest in me. I always thought when we found each other she would see me and instantly fall in love like I did, but that definitely didn't happen. I wasn't about to let her play with my feelings, so I just acted like I had none.

"I-I..." her voice was low and sad.

"Just be quite. You said what you had to say at your pack house!"

After that we sat in complete silence, our breaths the only sound that could be heard.

This dream felt like it had been going on for hours. Any other time I would be happy to be with my mate, even if she didn't want me touching her, but today I didn't want to be near her.

"O-Orianna." I turned to her as she finally spoke after a good 5 minutes.

"What?"

"That's my name. I thought you should know." I sighed as I turned around again.

I wanted to hate her, I wanted to make her hurt like how she hurt me, but when I see her all the bad things I wished on her just vanish and is replaced with love. It's so stupid. I should have better resilience since I'm an alpha, but when it comes to her all my Alpha traits just leave my body.

I ran one of my hands through my hair continuously the more I thought of her. I wanted nothing more, then to walk over to her and kiss her, but I know I couldn't.

"You have 9 months to decide." I spoke in a monotone voice.

"I know."

Then after that another silence swept over us and we both just sat there listening to the waves in the distance. And we stayed like that until we both had woke up and were back in real life.