Chapter:21

"Oh hell no!" An older guy came into my line of vision. He was older, but he still had almost a full head of brown locs, he had green eyes that weren't as bright as Akai's, but close enough.

It must be his...

"Dad?" Akai came walking out his closet fully clothed and looking gorgeous as usual. I instinctively tried to fix my messy hair and straighten out my wrinkley clothes.

"Akai, what is this?" His father spoke to him, but he stared at me the whole time.

"Why are you here so quickly?" His father rolled his eyes and let out a heavy groan.

"When I heard your sister came back, I told my pack I was leaving to visit your pack because I knew she was going to come here first and it just so happened that Aspen called me and told me about this whole mate situation while I was on my way. Now, son, talk to me." Akai's father crossed his arms over his chest, making his already big chest bulge out even further.

"Talk to you about what?" Akai assumed the same pose as he now stood next to me.

"This room reeks of you two, why?" His father took a big step forward. I wanted nothing more than to hide behind Akai and let him fight this battle out.

Akai mirrored his movement, coming to stand in front of me which I was thankful for. "What I do is not your business anymore; I'm a grown man and I'm my own Alpha, so you can go somewhere else with all that possessiveness." That only seemed to make Akai's father more angry, but he knew everything he was saying was right.

"Fine." He took a step back, but the furious look on his face never left. This was one scary man and I had already gotten on his bad side. "Come, son, let's talk." He gestured his hands towards the door, but Akai wouldn't move.

"I'm a busy man, I don't have time for one of your lectures. If you have something to say, say it right now!" His father groaned and rolled his eyes.

"I don't like her and the people that stand behind her. She's part of Willow Creeks pack, which is our biggest competition and she basically rejected you. I'm disappointed and I'm sure your mom would be disappointed too." Akai sighed loudly as his father finished talking.

"I've heard that a lot by now and I'm tired of it. Even if she's just using me, let me be happy for these next few weeks that she decides to deal with me. You know how much I've wanted a mate for and even though she might not be too fond of me... I love her." Akai turned his focus away from his dad and looked at me. Everybody in the room mouths dropped to the floor.

This is the exact thing I didn't want to happen. He felt love for me when I didn't deserve it from him. It was like loving a wall; you can love it, but it'll never feel anything for you back. That was harsh, but it was the truth.

I didn't know what to do, what to say, or how to act. I just wanted to get away. I didn't want him to love me and I didn't mean to give him false hope for our relationship. I just... couldn't. My heart wasn't ready to love yet and I hope he wouldn't hate me for that.

"No, no you can't. Please just... stop!" Tears started running down my eyes and my voice was shakey. It was like this heavy weight just landed on my chest and was crushing my soul. I was never good with my feelings and learning how to control them. I always just held them in and if something big enough happened, then I would just burst.

So I ran out- I didn't know where I was going, but I kept running. I couldn't deal with my problems like a real woman, so I ran away from it. I knew it would leave him broken hearted, but I had to do what I thought was best for me and even though Akai was a sweetheart, he just wasn't something I cared to have at the moment.

*********************
Akai's POV

"No, no you can't. Please just... stop!" She screamed like we were killing her. I tried to walk up to her and comfort her, but she was out the door before I could even blink again.

The moment that was suppose to be the happiest day of my life turned out to be a nightmare. Everything seemed like it was falling into place- it wasn't perfect, but I could see change starting to happen. Apparently I was just too hopeful and that blinded my true vision. She wasn't happy and she didn't want to be here. She didn't want me and she didn't want a serious relationship.

Just a second ago we were on my bed, and I was so close to marking her and she seemed content, almost accepting of the whole situation. I messed up. I moved too fast for her though.

"I'm sor-" Shea spoke with his soothing voice, but it did nothing for me. The look on his face said it all; he was hurting for me.

"Just... don't say anything. Please leave." I held up my hand stopping Shea from talking anymore. He let out a light sigh, then he walked out of my room.

"I told you, Akai. She's no good. You're a good man and she just dropped you like a fly... she must be a hoe or something." I could feel my face heat up; hands balling up into fist, eyes turning dark, and wolf coming up to the surface. I was ready to kill this man.

"Shut the fuck up! Leave my fucking pack now!" My dark eyes met his shocked ones. I knew screaming at him tested the Alpha inside of him, but he also knew I needed this moment to myself. Without saying another word, he turned around and left my room and hopefully my pack house.

My Lupita was gone and I wasn't sure if she was ever coming back. She was my girl, my baby and my everything. She didn't like me much, but my feelings for her only grew the more time I spent with her. She was a difficult woman, but I thought I could fix her, but I learned that you couldn't help everyone.

With the last ounce of strength slipping out of my body; I dropped to the floor on my knees. I buried my face in my hands and let the hot tears run down my face.

We were officially over. She never wanted me back and I never wanted her back. Sometimes fate puts people together who they think can work for each other, but not everyone they put together fits with each other. I wish I would've found that out sooner, but sometimes you don't open your eyes until it's too late.

I raised my head up high and howled loud into the depressing house. Tears still dropped down my face as I used up my last energy to howl. It was a powerful, but sad howl. It would alert my pack that I was hurting right now.

They would know that everything was over. Their Luna was gone and would never be accepted back into this pack for as long as I lived.

///////////////////////

Wow, Oreo just had to ruin everything 🤦‍♀️

I know everyone is mad because you thought their relationship was actually working out, but you thought wrong.😂😂
I didn't mean to write this chapter like this, but I just go where the words take me and this is where they wanted to go, so.......

This book is almost over and I'm sad, but also very excited to start some new books and edit this one. So be on the look out for some new books from me very soon because I have like 23 drafts of books I want to one day publish on WP.

Also I just went paint-balling and my body hurts real bad, and I look like a rainbow threw up on me. (I just wanted you to feel my pain rn)

Anywho, Bye💓