Chapter:38

Last night did not go as planned. It was not in my mind at all to finish our mate bond right after an argument, but it happened and it exceeded all my expectations.

I was still anger about yesterday, but I was a little more levelheaded today and saw how ruthless it would be just to kill her so abruptly. That still didn't stop the urge of wanting to slice her throat. When I finally stopped to really think about it, I would be killing Aspen's Mom, but I would never want to snatch away someone's parents like that. But if she did anything else, I will be the first to stab her.

"You woke?" Akai's morning raspy voice rang through my ears and almost instantly made a smile and a blush creep onto my face.

"No." He fully turned around and his face had the same big smile as mine. He kissed my forehead, then he snuggled closer to me.

"Soooooooooo..." Akai could be so awkward sometimes. "You want to talk about what happened yesterday?" It wasn't an ideal time, but I knew we had to.

"We don't have to kill her yet. I was being a little irrational yesterday and my anger was at an all time high, so I was thinking with my hatred and not my brain." He hummed in response as everything he wanted me to see yesterday was finally coming out. "If she steps out of line again... off with her head. You can't stop me then." He chuckled and my smile grew wider.

"That seems fair. You're thinking like a Luna now." I mentally rolled my eyes, but I knew he was right. "You ready to go home?"

Home?

That sounded weird, but oddly right. That's where my mate was and where I belonged. Once we stepped back into that house, everything would be official. That scared me, but I was ready to be beside Akai in his pack. Everything would be real, but with the weight of my past lifted off of me, I think I was capable of being the person I needed to be.

"Yes." I replied back happily.

"Does Wren have to come. I mean, my dad could just keep him here and everything would be good and I just feel like it'll be bet-" Akai rambled on, but he knew that wouldn't be happening.

"I think he deserves another chance. He lost his pregnant mate for crying out loud. If I wanted to be with him, then I would've kissed him back when he kissed me on my bed." Akai's eyebrows creased, then a frown replaced his bright smile. I placed my hand over my mouth in shock once I figured out what I had said wrong.

"Now I really don't want him in my pack house. When did he kiss you and why am I just now finding out about this!? Is he trying to die? I will cut off his man parts." I rolled my eyes, but I knew why he was angry. It made sense for him to want to threaten his life, but it was still funny to me.

"Just remember who I'm naked in the bed with. As you can see... that is you and I do not want Wren in that way whatsoever, so just calm down." His face still held a slight frown, but he knew I was right. I gently placed my hand on his cheek and gave him a reassuring smile and his frown slowly faded.

He finally broke his silent scowling and spoke.
"I have a surprise once we make it back home. It's very unexpected, but I hope you still appreciate it. I'm kinda nervous about it and how you'll react." I could see the nerves swirl through his green eyes and a slight blush start to adorn his cheeks.

"I know I'll love it," I said as I placed my hand on his rosy cheek again. "I'm not really into surprises, but I know I'll like this one because you did this for me... so thank you." I quickly leaned down and placed a soft and loving kiss to his lips.

"I hope you're just as accepting when you see it. We didn't have that much time to work on it, but I wanted you to see it as soon as possible."

"I'm sure I'll love it. Now we must get out this bed and get ready to leave. I still need to go talk to Wren and your sister and her crazy mother and you need to get all your pack members." I slipped out the bed, making sure to bring a cover to wrap around my body so we didn't get off track.