Chapter 3 - Sleeping Problems

Mais POV
We had a few days before being put on something I came to know as genin teams.They were basically squads made out of 3 genin, the lowest ranked ninjas, and a jonin, the elite ranked ninja.In the mean time, Naruto and I came to know each other better and told Hokage that I will be living with him from now on.Hokage was really happy that Naruto wasn't alone anymore.Those couple of days went fast before the day of our orientation finally came.
The night before the orientation
Still Mais POV
'I am determined.There is no way I'm gonna fail this time.I'm gonna sleep tonight, on this couch, and I'm gonna wake up, feeling awesome!' I thought as I was glaring daggers at the said couch.
"Sis, stop glaring at the stupid couch or you're gonna set it on fire"Naruto said as he noticed what I was doing.
"OK.Night"I said quickly hugging my brother and lying on the couch.
"Night!"he yelled back from his room.I lied down reeeeeaaaaally tired cause I haven't slept since the day we found out we were twins.For some odd reason, I just couldn't fall asleep on this stupid couch and it was driving me crazy!I thought of how happy I was to not be alone without my memory as I drifted off to sleep.
In the morning
I woke up as I felt sun shining right into my face.Still half asleep, I buried my face in whatever I was hugging, before I heard some faint mumbles.I opened my eyes and looked above to see Naruto's sleeping face.
"Oh, it's just Naruto"I said sleepily"Wait, Naruto?!"I asked more awake than the last time.I spun my head around to see I was in Naruto's bedroom.
"What am I doing in your bedroom/what are you doing in my bedroom?"me and Naruto mumbled at the same time, both very confused.
"Hey!It seems like you finally slept!"Naruto said happily as he looked down at me.I smiled at him and got up.
"Well, time to get ready!We can worry about why I woke up here some other time, remember?Today is our orientation day!"I yelled as I looked at my twin with a very large grin.He returned it with his own, getting up himself.We walked to the kitchen and ate breakfast.Naruto nearly drank milk that went bad, before I slapped it out of his hand.None than less, we got ready and went to the academy, me wearing a different outfit ( pic below, it doesn't belong to me! ).

None than less, we got ready and went to the academy, me wearing a different outfit ( pic below, it doesn't belong to me! )

"Sis, where did you get that outfit?"Naruto asked
"Found it in my bag"I answered.We kept on walking until we got to the academy where our orientation was held.After talking to Shikamaru, we heard some noise in the hall.Before we could even think of what was happening, Sakura and Ino pushed through the door.They argued about who was gonna sit next to their Sasuke-kun.That's when they turned around and looked at me with hateful looks.Let me explain.So, one day in the academy, Naruto and Sasuke were arguing again and I jumped in on my brother's side, calling Sasuke a Duckbutt.His fangirls didn't like it, not one bit.That is why they hate me now, but I don't care!My thought were cut of when I looked at my brother who was standing on Duckbutt's desk, glaring at him.Duckbutt just glared back.That is, before someone pushed Naruto and he fell forward, connecting lips with Duckbutt.All the fangirls looked dangerously at my brother who was now on the floor, spitting Duckbutt's taste.I stood protectively in front of Naruto, glaring daggers at fangirls.
"You wanna beat my brother?You have to go through me first"I said grinning like a crazy person.They all looked at each other, then at me and then laughed.
"You?What could you possibly do to us?"Sakura asked after laughing her butt of.
"Try me"I said standing in my fighting stance, smirking.She got ready to charge at me when Iruka-sensei came into the room telling everyone to sit down.As we sat, he told us that we are ninjas now, yadda yadda yadda, and then started calling out teams.
"Team 7!Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Mai!"he yelled at the top of his lugs before moving on.Naruto and Sakura switched rolls a few times as our team was being called.At the end, Naruto was cheering, Sakura was sulking, Duckbutt remained emotionless and I growled lowly for being put on a team with Duckbutt and Sakura.
"Iruka-sensei!"Naruto and I yelled as we stood up, slamming our hands on the desk before us.
"Why does a great ninja like me have to be with Sasuke-teme/Duckbutt!"We yelled again.
"Well, to balance the teams, we usually put student with the lowest score and student with the highest score together.Naruto, you had the lowest score, Sasuke had the 2nd highest score and we didn't want to separate the twins"Iruka explained.
"Iruka-sensei, if Sasuke had the 2nd highest score, who had the highest?"Sakura asked.
"Well, Sasuke made 5 clones, while Mai made 10 shadow clones, without breaking a sweat"he chuckled.Everyone looked at me in disbelief.I just grinned in response.
A few minutes ago, in the Hokage's office
3rd POV

All the jonin teachers, the Hokage and a few more ninjas were looking at brand new genin through a crystal ball.
"That's Uchiha Sasuke.The only surviver of the Uchiha clan.He is this years second most promising genin"Hokage said pointing to a raven haired boy.
"Lord Hokage, if Uchiha Sasuke is the second most promising genin this year, who's the first?"Kurenai asked.
"Uzumaki Mai, the kyuubi girl"Iruka said pointing to the small red head.
"I'm sorry to ask, but wasn't she kidnapped years back?"Asuma said.
"Yes she was.She was found near the gates a few days ago, unconscious"Izumo stated.
"She has been interrogated by Ibiki but she kept repeating that the only thing she knew was her name"Kotetsu continued.Everyone watched as one of the twins was pushed forward, causing him to kiss the Uchiha boy.They looked with wide eyes as Mai protected her brother from the angry fangirls.It wasn't the fact that she saved her brother that surprised them, but that she stood in a very familiar fighting stance to them all.It was Itachi's fighting stance.
Back to genin
Mais POV

I sat in the classroom with my team waiting for our sensei.All the other teams already left with their senseis and we were still stuck here!I was currently lying on one of the desks after being rudely awoken by a rubber that Sakura threw at me.Her excuse, I called her dear Sasuke-kun a Duckbutt.The best part is that I dogged it in my sleep, the fact that I fell while doing so was the reason I woke up!Naruto and Sakura laughed pretty hard while Duckbutt smirked.That earned them a bump on the head each.Sakura wasn't very happy that I smacked her Duckbutt but she was to busy whining about how much it hurt to do anything else.I swear, that girl is really useless and she is getting on my nerves.Naruto, on the other hand, set up the most ridiculous trap for our sensei which Duckbutt said was stupid, cause our sensei is a jonin and Sakura had to stop whining to agree with Duckbutt.
"Bubblegum, stop whining and trying to impress Duckbutt, you're getting on my nerves."I said glaring at her to which she visibly paled."Besides, you could save us all the trouble by just going to a pet store and buying little ducks"I continued.Just when she was about to insult me back, the door opened revealing white hair which defied gravity.The rubber Naruto put in between the door and the wall fell on his head.'Great, our sensei is an old man who never heard of Physics' I thought as Naruto laughed like crazy while Duckbutt looked at Grandpa in disbelief who was being drowned with Bubblegum's poor attempts to become the teachers pet.
"Naruto, you're supposed to become a Hokage, not a janitor.Duckbutt, stop catching flies.Bubblegum, don't drown people and Grandpa, quit staring at me, it's rude"I ordered as I got off the desk.
"Meet me at the roof"Grandpa said poofing away.'I wanna learn that!' I thought as I walked to a window.
"Mai, what are you doing?"Bubblegum asked as I stood with my toes on the edge of a window.I didn't answer, I just concentrated and started walking on the outside wall of the academy.The trick is, I didn't use my hands!How did I do this?Well, a few days back, I was in the forest and saw Shikamaru sleeping in a tree.I wanted to kick the tree down so I concentrated chakra into my foot and when I tried kicking the tree, my foot was stuck on the trunk!I tried doing it with my other foot and the same thing happened!I ran up the tree and pushed Shikamaru off, he fell with a loud thud.It was fun!
Anyway, when I climbed up I saw Grandpa reading a book called 'Icha Icha paradise'.
"Grandpa, stop being a perv"I said as I sat on the stairs, waiting for the others.After 20 minutes of waiting, Naruto, Bubblegum and Duckbutt ran to the stairs and sat down.Grandpa finally put away his stupid book and looked at us.It was silent for a while.
"Well, you gonna talk or I can just go home?"I asked, snapping him out of whatever he was thinking about.
"Time for introduction"he said.Those three looked confused and I sighed.
"You go first, Grandpa"I said before those bakas got a chance to speak.
"Me?My name is Hatake Kakashi.My likes, don't feel like telling you that.My dislikes, don't fell like telling you that either.My dream, never really thought of that one.Ask for my hobbies, I have a lot of hobbies"he said with a smile on the end.Was that really a smile?I don't know, the guy wears a freaking mask!
"He only told us his name!"Bubblegum whispered to Naruto and me.
"You don't say!"I whisper-yelled back.
"You the red haired, you go first"Gandpa said pointing at me.
"I'm Uzumaki Mai.I like red color, ramen, annoying people, giving nicknames and my twin brother.I don't like pink color, spicy food, Duckbutt and his fangirls.My dream is to be the Hokage before Naruto.My hobbies are annoying people by giving them nicknames they don't like, stalking some people and pushing a certain pineapple off of his tree"I said standing up.Everyone looked at me as if I was crazy when I finished my last sentence.
"Quit staring!"I yelled to snap them out of their thoughts.Well, at least it worked with Duckbutt.I
sighed and made some hand signs which I don't even know what do.They just came to me, OK?!Whoever, after performing those hand signs, I bit my thumb, red liquid lurking out.I slammed my hand on the scroll I pulled out earlier and a bucket of icy cold water appeared in front of me.I took the bucket and splashed a bit in everyones face, including Duckbutt.They all yelled at me as I said down, telling them to continue.The rest went pretty normal and cheerful before Duckbutt spoke.
"My name is Uchiha Sasuke.I hate a lot of things and I don't particularly like anything.What I have is not a dream because I will make it reality.I plan on killing a certain someone and restoring my clan"he said
"And who would that be?"I asked all innocent.
"My brother, Itachi"he said as he glared daggers at me.I got a really bad headache at the mention of that name.'Uchiha Itachi...who could you possibly be?!'I asked myself as I looked at the clouds.That is when a sudden pain stroke my head and I felt dizzy.All I saw were blurs while I slowly fell.
"Mai!"I could hear Naruto yell as a pair of arms caught me.I saw an orange and yellow blur in front of me as I blacked out.
"Naruto"I whispered before everything went black.

I could see the clouds and the sky once again.
Though, the clouds were bloody red and the sky was black.
I felt like chains were wrapped around me, keeping me close to a stone wall.
That's when my sealing glowed and ached very much.
I screamed as red chakra surrounded me and was forcefully taken away by a masked man.
Chains disappeared and I fell to the floor, very weak.
For some reason, as soon as I tried getting up I felt someone stab me in the back.
I looked up to meet a pair of bloody red eyes of a crow.
The pain and the crow disappeared as well as the horrifying scene in front of me.
I looked around to see just red clouds and black background everywhere around me.
I screamed as I clutched my stomach, falling to my knees.
I saw the blackness in front of me open to reveal a bright white light.
The light was getting closer and when it was close enough to touch me, it swallowed me whole.

I opened my eyes to find myself on Naruto's bed, Naruto lying next to me half asleep, staring at the celling, tears running down his cheeks.I moved a bit and kissed his wet cheek.He turned around to find me smiling.
"Mai!"he yelled as he hugged me very close, sobbing.
"I thought I lost you!"he yelled as I hugged him closer.We both fell asleep like that and my sleeping problems were finally solved.