Chapter 26 - Oh Well ( Chuunin Exams Part 6 )

A few days later
Mai's POV

"Hurry up Mai or we'll be late"Ayane said, her voice muffled by the bathroom door.

"And I'm done!"I announced, throwing the door open. I've been bedridden for the last few days because of my 2 teammates who literally tied me to the freaking bed! At least my injury is nearly healed.

"Come on!"Haku snapped me out of my thoughts as he grabbed my hand, pulling me forward and out of the room.

"Sooo...where are we supposed to go?"I asked as my friend kept dragging me around with Ayane following closely behind.

"Don't worry, he knows so he'll lead the way"the blond girl sighed, pointing at our smiling comrade.

A lot of pulling later...

"And we're here"Haku said, finally letting go of my hand. I sighed, stepping through the door to be met with some old and new faces.

"Sis!"I heard a familiar voice and before I could react, I was tackled to the ground. Wincing in pain, I glared playfully at my smiling brother.

"Oni-chan, get off, you're way too heavy"I cried, making him hurriedly move off before helping me up.

"LISTEN UP YOU BRATS!!!"a loud shout cut through the chattering voices, making my head snap up. Looking at the front, I smirked at the scarred man who's terrified orbs I met.

'Purple striper must've told him more about my abilities' I thought as I smiled innocently at the confused Hokage.

"As some of you may know, we will have th-"he started but was rudely interrupted as a leaf ninja landed next to him and whispered something to him before turning to us.

"We weren't expecting this many genin to pass the second round and because of this, we will have preliminary rounds right now. For this reason, whoever doesn't feel in the shape to fight will be allowed to step out"the chuunin explained, making a lot of people complain as some others stepped out. I felt someone nudge my shoulder. Turning around, I met the concerned eyes of Ayane.

"You should quit"she whispered, referring to my injured stomach.

"I'm fine"I replied.

'Don't lie to yourself, kid' Kurimi's deep voice sounded in my head which I wordlessly ignored. Not convinced, my blond friend elbowed my lower stomach lightly, making me yelp slightly.

"No, you're not"she remarked, looking at me sternly.

"I am fighting and that's final!"I whisper-yelled before huffing and turning around.

"Is that all?"the proctor questioned, looking at the crowd as our silence responded. He nodded to another ninja before turning to us and explaining the unexpected round. As we waited in anticipation for the names to get chosen, I could feel several pairs of eyes burning wholes in my back. Closing my eyes, I concentrated on searching for familiar chakra signatures and tried matching them to the direction those annoying stares were coming from.

'Alright, that's Ayane, this is Haku, this is without a doubt Yukie-sensei and this one...hm, who is this?' I thought to myself, sneakily looking in the direction to find a smirk of that four-eyed freak Ayane said we should stay away from. Realizing I've been spotted, I quickly turned back around.

Several rounds later...

My summary of the previous fights:

Match 1: Duckbutt vs some guy from Konoha - something happened to ducky in that dumb forest