Chapter 7 - A Lot Of Red!

( back to the story line )

Mais POV

"Are we there yet?"I asked.
"No Mai, we only started the journey!"Bubblegum yelled.I kept quiet, listening to Bubblegum's pointless tries to get a date with Duckbutt.That's when I noticed it.It was a...

.

.

.

PUDDLE?!?!?!
'What the hell, it hasn't rained in days!' I thought as I stood a few miters away, staring at gathered water.

"Mai?!You coming or not?"Naruto yelled.
"Coming!"I yelled, running to my brother.As I passed the strange puddle, I saw my hair in the reflection and I swear I saw the puddle move a bit!Even so, I kept running until I reached my team.

Just as I stopped next to Grandpa chains wrapped themselves around him and he was teared to shreds.I was shocked but when I looked behind, I saw 2 ninja from hidden rain.I became very very angry and without a second thought, I charged at them both, a kunai in hand.Just when I was about to stab them, they disappeared.I turned around to see one attack Naruto.I unconscious made fast hand signs and a second later an ice needle flew from my hand and into the ninja's shoulder, causing him to make a scratch on Naruto's hand, instd of ripping it off.Not a second later, Grandpa had them both in a headlock.

"Mai!You OK?!They didn't hurt you, right?"Naruto panicked, inspecting my body.
"No silly, you're the one that's hurt.Come on, lets go to the others"I said pulling him with me to the others.

Long story short, their claws were poisonous, Duckbutt called my brother a scaredy cat, Naruto stabbed his wound and had a motivation speech while Grandpa spoke to Drunkie and we were on our way once again.

I was at the back of the group, feeling rain ninja stare at me.
"You sure?"one asked the other.
"Yes, I'm positive.That is her.That is Tsumetai hi no akuma ( cold fire demon )"the other one responded.I felt the need to ask them who they were talking about, but my team was getting further and further away, so I sprinted to them.

Timeskip to the boat

We were on a boat, heading to the Land of Waves through the mist while Drunkie explained why he lied about the mission.Turns out the country is under some guy called Gato, who is apparently having a problem with Drunkie for building his stupid bridge.Drunkie lied, saying that he only needs protection because bandits could maybe attack him, but in truth, that Gato man hired rogue ninjas to kill Drunkie, who lied about the mission cause the country is very poor and can't pay for higher ranked ninjas.

Anyway, after this Grandpa still wanted to go home, but Drunkie talked him into staying till the end with some sad story of his.

"Hey Mai, why are you wearing a mask?"Bubblegum asked out of blue.Everyone looked at me, waiting for an answer which was just a shrug of shoulders.In truth, I didn't know why I was wearing it, I just was.Anyway, there was a thing that worried me more than this mask wearing thing.Why does name Gato sound so so familiar, as well as Tazuna.

'Why does practically every new name I hear sound familiar, even though I can't remember a single thing!?' I thought angrily.
'Beats me kid' my fox replied.I was in deep thought as we stepped of the boat and started walking to Drunkie's house.While walking, Naruto kept on throwing kunai in random directions and Bubblegum kept on hitting him, so I would hit her.If she was a normal person, she would've stopped hitting my brother by now but NOOO, she has to be stubborn.It was about 5th time that Naruto threw a kunai with no reason what so ever when he nearly stabbed a bunny with it.For some odd reason, the bunny was white.
'Bunnies in nature are white only in winter, which means this one was raised indoors, which means it is used for...substitution jutsu' I thought looking at the bunny.Not a second later, I felt something flying towards us really fast.