Chapter 13 - White Layer

Again, jumping out of the story line cause it was snowing in Belgrade not too long ago and I acted like I'm 3 and not 13.

Mai's POV

I wake up feeling a bit cold and surprised that sun didn't burn my eyes like every other morning.
Groaning quietly to not wake oni-chan up, I walked to the window thinking there was no light because the curtains were closed but to my surprise, they were wide open.

The thing blocking the sun were clouds, gathered over the village as they dropped white layers on Konoha's streets.
My eyes sparkled at this and without hesitation I...

Naruto's POV

"Yes!There you have it!I'm better than Teme, believe it!"I yelled, stepping on Uchiha's back.
"Naruto-kun you are so so cool!!!"Sakura squealed.
"Yes, you are the coolest brother ever!"Mai yelled, hugging me.Then, the ground shook and everything fell apart, I was left in the dark.

"Oni-chan!Naru-baka wake the hell up, its snowing!"I heard her voice yell, still shaking me like crazy.

Groaning, I opened my eyes to reveal Mai sitting on my stomach in nothing but my old shirt that went to her knees and her underwear.Her oddly but beautifully coloured hair was tangled and her bright brown eyes were halfway closed, signalling she woke up a few seconds ago.

"Why the hell did you wake me up so early?"I asked sleepily rubbing my eyes.
"First of all, its around 9:30 and second of all"she paused, getting off of me and pulling me out of the bed "its snowing!"she squealed like Sakura-chan did in my dream, pushing me to the window and my eyes widen at the sight.

"It's snowing!"She ran around the house getting ready to jump into the snow.She screamed at me to get ready and an hour later, we were outside.

Outside

Mai dragged me all around Konoha, still being amazed by the fact it was snowing.I was still half asleep as I ran after my sister, trying to catch up to her but slamming into her small figure.Looking up, I saw Teme being followed by Ino and Sakura-chan while Choji and Shikamaru walked ( more like ran ) after their girl teammate with Mai watching with an amused look on her face.A wide grin spread across her face as she disappeared.

I hurriedly ran after the group and just went along with the act of not existing.

Shikamaru's POV

After playing Sasuke stalker club for a while, Ino and Sakura who were silently arguing the whole time abruptly stopped and we stopped just a few centimeters away from them.

Then, without a warning, a snowball planted on each of our faces.
"Haha!Should've seen your faces!Happy Xmas Duckbutt and Duckbutt stalking unit!"a cheery voice yelled, laughing like a maniac.After cleaning my eyesight, I looked up ahead and just as I thought, Mai stood there, grinning like an idiot.

"Mai!What the hell was that for?!"turning around we all saw Naruto with snow all over his face.

"Yeah Tomato!What the h-"my female teammate was cut of as she received a LOT more snowballs.
This, my fellow friends, caused a snowball fight or 'The Cold War' as Mai named it.The fight was Team 7 against us Team 10 and Team Gai also joined the fight, even if Mai knocked Lee out with the first snowball, Neji and TenTen didn't give up.

2 hours later
TenTen's POV

So after Mai turned against her team and beat us all to a wet pulp, she declared herself the winning queen of 'The Cold War' and finally let us catch our breaths.

"W-w-where did you l-l-learn to do s-snowball fights so good?"Neji asked, still panting hard.
"Not telling~"she teased with a smirk.

Kiba's POV

I was outside searching for Akamaru since he ran out into the snow this morning and I'm really worried.

"No fair!"I heard Naruto yell a few meters away.
"I know~"another voice said teasingly as I neared the group to see everyone except for my team there, all wet and beaten up except for Mai.
"What in the world happened here?"I asked, completely confused as to what's happening.
"Wolfie? Oh, what a shame, you missed me being my epic self and beating all these genin in 'The Cold War'"red haired girl declared with pride as she pointed at all the others.
"What war?!"I asked frantically looking around for enemy.
"It was a stupid snowball fight damn it!"Ino yelled, obviously annoyed at the both of us.
"Anyway, please help me find Akamaru you guys!He ran out the door this morning and I haven't seen him since!"I yelled, worried so much I didn't have time to blush at Mai's outfit.

She became serious rather quickly and under her commands we were separated into groups of 2 and searching for my pup, connected to the others through microphone like things.

Several hours later
Mai's POV

Its around 7:30pm and there is still no trace of little snowflake ( Akamaru ).The stars are decorating the night sky but not even Kurimi ( female nine-tailed fox and no she does not exist! ) can sense his chakra signature.Wolfie wont give up the search and I decided to not give up as long as he doesn't.

And that is pretty much the reason why we are on the Hokage mountain.
"Mai, you know you can go home right?You already helped me so much and we probably won't find hi-"
"Kiba, don't you dare finish that sentence!You are my friend, so is Akamaru and I refuse to give up on either of you!"I cut him off, loosing my concentration and slipping off the Fourth's face.Kiba tried catching me but was too late.
"Ahhh!"I screamrd, quickly falling to my death.
'So this is it, huh?Never thought I was gonna die like this...' I thought before being proved wrong, something holding my leggings.Looking up, I saw my favorite puppy in the whole entire world.
"Akamaru!"I yelled happily as I hugged both him and Kiba after they pulled me up.
"Hey Mai?"Kiba said as we looked at the stars.
"Hm?"
"Happy Xmas"he said, throwing a snowball in my face.
"Oh now your in for it!"I yelled, standing up and starting 'The Second Cold War'.