Chapter 12 - The Bridge

Mai's POV

'I can't believe this!Does he have any idea what overdoing means?Apparently no!' I thought angrily stomping out of Drunkie's house.

Day before in the forest, tree climbing
Mai's POV

'No fair!Bubblegum is a useless brat and she gets to go with Drunkie to build a fluffing bridge and what do I get?I get stuck babysitting my idiotic brother and that arrogant duck!' I thought frustrated because Grandpa told Bubblegum to go guard Drunkie and even if I proved to be the most skilled one, here I am, sitting in a tree shadow as I watch oni-chan and Mr.Arrogant fall down their trees.

What am I supposed to do here?I have no fluffing idea!Grandpa probably thought I would kill Pipsqueak if I had a chance so he forced me to do chores again!

"Naru!You're doing it wrong!"I yelled for Kami knows which time as my brother fell down the tree.

Ask for Ducky?I refuse to talk to him until he apologizes for being a meanie!

After a while...

Its nightfall and they are still running up and constantly falling down the trees.

'This is getting on my nervs' I thought as I got up and walked over to them.

"Duckbutt, give me your foot"I said, standing next to him, my arm prepared to catch it.
"I won't drop it!I'm trying to help you both and it would be easier to explain it to you than to my brother"I said and after a while his foot landed in my hand.

"Infuse chakra into it"I ordered.He did as told and just as I thought, he overdid it so I absorbed chakra until there was just enough.

"Now ad as much to the other foot"I said before turning to my brother, my arm ready.He caught on quickly and placed his foot in my hand, adding to little chakra to it.I easily added more and nodded at him, smiling cheekily.

"Now both of you, practice running up the trees and don't worry if you fall, I'll be sure to bury you!"I cheered, sitting in my previous position.

It seems they took it too literally since they turned it into a race and Naru-baka used up to much chakra and fainted as soon as he ran down.
I had to carry him back plus support Duck and let me tell you, neither of them is light!

Back to present

And now we are all on our way to the bridge, protecting Drunkie while Naruto is sleeping!

At least its entertaining to watch Mr.Arrogant letting Pipsqueak down.
I pulled my black mask further up, preventing my nose from freezing.

"Mai, where did you find that outfit?"Bubblegum asked, looking at my outfit with disgust.
"Found it in my bag.Why, is there something wrong with it?"I asked checking my outfit out ( it is NOT mine )

Why, is there something wrong with it?"I asked checking my outfit out ( it is NOT mine )

"I'm just wondering where you keep pulling them out of"she said.Shrugging, I narrowed my eye at the bridge, bodies lying everywhere.

We ran to the only half-conscious man.I could hear Drunkie talking to the guy but I didn't pay it that much mind as I closed my eyes and concentrated on chakra, already knowing who did this.

"Here comes moo-pants"I stated calmly as I summon the ice sword, standing protectively next to Drunkie.

"Get ready!This is Zabuza's doing"Grandpa yelled as mist crept in.They all took out a kunai, now standing around Drunkie protectively.

"I couldn't keep you waiting Kakashi.I see you still have those brats with you.That one still thinks she is a genin and the other one is still shaking, how pitiful"Moo-pants said as his water clones surrounded us.

"I'm shaking with excitment"Ducky smirked.
"Go on ahead Sasuke"Grandpa smiled.Then, all the water clones disappeared as I felt cold metal against my throat.
"May I?"I smirked.
"You may Mai"Grandpa said.I felt rage run through me as well as eyes burning holes in my back and not a second later an ice spike appeared on moo-moo's side and he exploded into water.
"You knew they were water clones?Looks like you've got yourself rivals, Haku"he mocked and all it took to make me freeze up was that single word.

'Haku' it rang through my mind as one of those catchy songs.
'I'm scared' I heard a girlish voice say, sending chills down my spine. ( yes, I just did that, Vampire Knight fans know what I'm talking about )

'Kid, you need to fight.I won't be able to help you this time...' foxes voice sounded faintly in my ears as I snapped my eyes open, revealing a boy doing singlehanded handsigns while blocking Ducky with his other hand.

3rd POV

"Secret jutsu: A thousand needles of death"Mai's eyes widened at this.
"Oh no you won't!"she yelled, running in their direction and pushing Sasuke out of the way.She did a few handsigns with her free hand and breathed in deeply.
"Fire style: Fireball jutsu!"she breathed out a bunch of fire.All that could be seen from the mist and newly formed smoke were two faint figures, battling each other.When the smoke cleared, Kakashi's and Sasuke's eyes widened at the sight of her eyes.

'Sharingan!' They thought, looking at Mai and Haku engage in a taijutsu battle.She kicked the boy of his feet and send him flying towards Zabuza's legs.

"You made a mistake by calling them brats.Sasuke here is the best young fighter of the hidden leaf, Mai is the fastest and craziest ninja, Sakura is our sharpest mind and the last but not the least, our number one hyperactive knucklehead is Naruto Uzumaki"Kakashi praised his students after getting over his shock.

"Haku, if we keep on going like this we'll lose, get on with it!"Zabuza said, anger dripping from his voice.
"Right.I'm sorry it has come to this"Haku said 'I am really sorry for doing this Mai' he thought, holding up a hand sign with both hands.Ice started forming in rectangles all aroung Mai as she took out her other sword, preparing to fight.
"Secret jutsu: Crystal ice mirrors"Haku spoke as mirrors formed a house-like shape around the girl, glowing with bright white light.When the light disappears, all that is heard are screams.As the young Uchiha runs in, he can't believe his eyes.

There lied his short teammate, on the floor, bleeding from major cuts on her body.But, what shocked him was the fact that Haku was lying not to far away from her.
Then, out of nowhere, a huge explosion is heard and smoke clouds everyones view.When the smoke clears, everyone sees Naruto standing in a ridiculous pose.
"Number one hyperactive knucklheaded ninja, Naruto Uzumaki"Haku spoke while getting up.

"Naruto Uzumaki has arrived!"