Chapter 22 - The What Now? ( Chuunin Exams Part 2 )

Time skip next day
3rd POV

The sun was shining brightly above the happy village as a whole lot of young ninja of the genin rank excitedly headed to the training ground number 44, completely oblivious to the fact that most of them will never return.

Ayane's POV

It was 8am.

I was tired from last night and who could blame me, I studied so many scrolls on surviving in the wildness that I absolutely forgot I was supposed to sleep and I'm only 12 after all!

"Good morning Ayane"Haku waved as I stopped next to him.
"Where's that redheaded idiot?"I spoke tiredly, too exhausted to notice his obvious sweat drop.
"You mean Mai? Well, you know her, she probably, kinda... "he started explaining for what could've been hours if a gust of wind didn't interrupt him.

"I'm here!"speaking of the devil, here she was, in blood and flesh, the one and only Uzumaki Mai.
"You're late"I deadpanned before yawning.
"And you didn't sleep, did you?"she replied in the same tone, yawning silently at the very end.
"Yeah, like you're the one to talk about not sleeping"I said, taking a step closer.
"Let's just say none of us did and put a stop to this, what do you say?"Haku interrupted, stepping between us as he waved his hands around nervously.

Before either of us could retort, we heard Anko yelling yet again.

Mai's POV

"Alright Maggots, good morning and thanks for coming!Also, welcome to the training ground number 44 or sometimes referred to as The Forest Of Death for what has happened to the most that have entered!In any case, your task here is to get your hands on these"the purple killer-not-so-killer said, holding up 2 scrolls.

( if you're not able to see the picture, there are only the scrolls on it )

"Since there are 26 teams here, half will be getting the heaven scroll while the other half will get the earth one. You have 5 days in here to get the both before going to the tower in the center. Also, don't open the scrolls until you reach the tower"she continued.

"What are we supposed to *munch munch* do about food?"Chubi-chan raised his hand while chewing on some chips.
"Trust me, there is enough creatures in there to feed you all or eat you, whichever comes first! Also, I need you to fill out these"she said, handing out each of us a paper.

"What are these?"someone from the crowd asked.
"Because some of you may not return, I need you to sign these so that I won't be responsible for the outcome. When you sign them, your team will turn them in together to receive a scroll"she pointed out, making people gasp at the first part.

"Haha, you can't scare me with those stupid stories, I'll become Hokage, believe it!"Oni-chan laughed and in a flash, a kunai flew past him, cutting his cheek as the purple lady cornered him.