Chapter 32 - Till We Meet Again

A few days later
3rd POV

The clouds were stained a dark grey as they overlooked the village that was torn apart not too long ago, even sky grieved for all the lost shinobi. All of the citizens, innocent civilians and wounded ninja stood together as the black river came to a stop in front of the picture of their beloved 3rd Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen. That's what they thought at least as one girl, unnoticed, ran away from the crowd and teleported into the forest outside of the wooden gates.

"Whatever you want, make it quick, I have to go back before anyone finds out I'm gone"she spoke as she glared slightly at the taller, more muscular figure.

"The leader changed his mind, you are to meet me here tonight, an hour after midnight to be precise"the figure said as the rain started dripping.

"What do you mean he changed his mind, I can't get out of the gates that soon after the attack, the whole village will be crowded with ninja, the only reason I was able to do it now is because everyone is at the funeral"she snapped, already having enough of the leader she has no memory of.

"I don't know why he changed his mind, but I told you already that he is the boss and if we don't obey his orders we die"the boy tried reasoning with her as she was this close to ripping her hair out in frustration.

"Guess I don't have a choice then… if you don't have anything else to say, I'll be on my way"she finally gave up as she turned around without another word before going back to the crowd.

Mai's POV

'Ugh, I hate that so called leader already… ' I growled lowly as I neared the already empty graveyard. As I drew closer, I noticed the pile of white flowers all around the single picture. Sighing, I took out my own flower before placing it next to the others. I did a series of hand signs and second later, a red dome-like soundproof barrier stood, leaving me alone with the 3rd's grave.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't here with the others or there to stop that guy from killing you Gramps, I truly am. And I'm also sorry that I'll be leaving the village you wholeheartedly welcomed me back into, sorry that I barely remember you and that I will use the knowledge you gave me for something you wouldn't approve of and, even thou you're practically a stranger to me with my current state, you still believed in me, earning a special place in my heart that you and you only will forever hold. Thank you for everything and sorry I will probably never visit you again"I bowed as tears dripped down my face, my heart clenching with every single word coming out of my mouth.

After a few minutes of bowing and crying I stood up and smiled weakly at the smiling picture before dismissing the barrier and walking to another set of graves, placing a flower on each while casting another barrier so that no one else can hear.

"Hey guys, it's been a while, hasn't it? The last time I saw either of you was over a month ago… anywho, Oni-chan is doing alright, I'm trying to make him eat something besides ramen as much as I can, he baths every day, doesn't get in as much trouble as he used to and is, all in all, someone you should be proud of, but I'm a whole different story… *sigh* the truth is, I'll be leaving this place when Naruto and the others need me the most to do horrible, horrible things that one should never do and probably won't ever return alive or rot in a cell for the rest of my life... sorry to for being such a disappointment and I can't imagine that you or anyone else could ever forgive me after this, but even so, from the depths of my heart… I love you mom, dad"I apologized one last time before taking down the barrier again and walking back to pack my things, praying that Naruto isn't home.

A few hour timeskip
Still Mai's POV

'It's time. You ready, Kurimi?' I asked as I looked up at the moon as it was casting a beautiful pure white glow over the destroyed village.