Chapter 20 - It Has Began! ( Chuunin Exams Part 0 )

3rd POV

After encountering the sand genin, Mai went back to her apartment to prepare.She had one hell of a gut feeling about the next month and wasn't planning on getting caught.

Haruki's POV

I followed my fellow teammate as she jumped from one roof to another before she jumped through an open window and in her apartment.Scrolls flew across the room as well as all sorts of weapons.Not long after, she grabbed her bag and raised her hand before disappearing.I nearly choke on my spit as all that was left of her was, well, nothing!

Somewhere else...
Mai's POV

'Ugh, I finally got rid of that stupid ninja stalker!He is so annoying, following me everywhere.Does he even know me?I me-'
'Focus kid, focus!'
'Gee, you sure are grumpy today' I mentally sighed as I set my bag down.

Time to train!

About 10 hours later

I was panting as I lied on the ground, facing the starry sky as weapons flooded the floor around me.It was around 11pm and I set my camp after lunch so I wouldn't have to worry about it at night.

"Come on out *pants* already, I know *breaths in sharply* you are there"I breathed out as I tiredly stretched out my arm, pointing at a tree nearby.Even as my chakra was drained and my head was spinning, I didn't fail to notice that stalker-nin a few meters away.The sound of leaves rustling could be heard and not a second later, a figure stood before me.

They wore a black cloak with red clouds and a straw hat, successful hiding their whole face, except for the ocean blue eyes.

"So, you are an Akatsuki member, right?"I asked and they nodded.

"You here to kill me?"they shook their head no.

"Take me back?"I guessed, but they proved me wrong once again by shaking their head.I sighed, closing my eyes for a second but when I opened them, they were gone, a slip of paper lying where they once stood.

"Not yet" the blood written letters read.

Frustrated out of my mind, I punched the ground with all the strength I had left.Looking to the side, I saw a little bump under my bloody fist.Not being able to hold on any longer, I let my aching muscles relax as the darkness consumed me.

A few days later

I woke up with a groan, not feeling the blood lurking out of my body.Sitting up, I opened my eyes to see my clothes ripped and torn apart from yesterday's training.But, unlike the now red fabric, my skin was perfectly whole, not a single scratch grazing it.

Standing up, I took a quick look at the sun before changing into something else, taking the piece of paper that I filled in yesterday and taking a run for it.

3rd POV

The village was in it's everyday state with people carelessly talking amongst themselves and watching as their children played.