Chapter 19 - An Encounter

A Month Time Skip
3rd POV

"That would be it for today you guys, see ya tomorrow!"Yukie cheered as Kakashi stood beside her, sweat dropping at his old friend and the 6 teens in front of them.

Two teens, a blond boy and a pink haired girl, were on the floor, clutching their pained heads as a blond girl and a feminine boy were calming down a brunet girl, a young Uchiha standing off to the side, looking at the scene he found very amusing.

"Mai, please, could you not kill your brother and friend before you are at least chuunin?"the grey haired man asked, trying to not irritate the girl even more. She took a couple of deep breaths.

"Im sorry for hitting you hard, but could you not be so loud?"she, still annoyed, looked down at the 2 that nodded their heads maniacally, not wanting to get another hit.

"Good, now I have to go. Bye"she smiled and before anyone could question it, she disappeared.

Mai's POV

'*blowing out air* finally silence'
'You can say th-'
'Something wrong Kurimi?'
'Stay close to your new and old team, trouble is coming' not questioning her senses, I jumped from a roof to another, heading towards Oni-chan's chakra signature.

Not long after, I was met with a scene that made me wanna explode.Scarf-tan was being held up, a guy with make up clutching the blue cloth tightly, a girl with dirty blond hair standing next to him.My friends stood behind Kono's back with Haku and Cherry in front, apologizing.

Just looking at the unknown duo made me sick to my stomach and my blood boil.

Temari's POV

Just when Kankuro raised his fist, a strong gust of wind appeared suddenly and I felt something kick the back of my knees. Not a mere second later, there was a blade pressed to my troat, a chuckle cutting the air like a sharp knife.

"*clicks her tongue**shakes her head* bad kitty, let Kono go or your sister here gets it"a female voice spoke from behind me. Everyone's attention snapped to us and their eyes widened.

"Mai-nee, you're here!"the little boy yelled, a smile appearing on his face. My brother took a step, making her push on the sword harder and a cut appear on my neck.

"Nahaha, you take another step and I slice"she said in a sing-song voice. As soon as the kid started falling, she vanished as well as the boy and appeared several meters away from Kankuro's reach, the kid being held in her arms tightly.

Mai's POV

"You okay Scarf-tan?"I asked, my tone changing drastically.

"How dare you hurt my sister you brat!"kitty yelled, grabbing the wrapped-up thing on his back.

"And how dare you try hurting Kono!"I yelled back, infusing fire chakra into the black sword, the tip catching on fire as I set the boy down.

"Just how stupid do you have to be to lay a finger on my friends, not to mention not notice your own brother and another guy up in a tree!"I yelled once again, pointing my blade at the nearest tree, shocking everyone.

"How did you notice me?"a dark voice whispered as the strong presence disappeared before a swirl of sand formed a guy.

He had beautiful red hair, his eyes an aqua green and surrounded by black circles, a love kanji embedded on his snow white forehead.

"It was easy really, such a strong chakra signature is hard not to notice.Besides, if you wanna hide, you better surpass that bloodlust of yours"I spoke confidently, pulling the other sword out, seeing as if I were to engage in a combat with this guy, I was not sure to win.

"Then how did you notice me?"Duckbutt asked, jumping down from the tree, making hearths appear in Cherry's Blondie's and Moe-tan's eyes.

"Seriously?A black duckbutted shape in a green leaf tree?How was I supposed not to notice?!"I irritatedly asked, not taking my eyes off of the strange sand duo.

"Lets go"the red head spoke, turning around and walking away with the other two following closely behind.That is, before Cherry had to call out to them, making them turn around.

"Hey!You are ninjas from the hidden sand!I know that the land of fire and the land of wind are allies, but no ninja is allowed to enter another's without a permission, so state your purpose!"that's exactly what caused my annoyance to grow and her to earn another smack on the head.

"I thought Grandpa said you were the smart one!They are obviously here for the Chuunin Exams!"I scolded Cherry as she rubbed her head painfully.

"That's right.Now I you'll excuse us, we have to go"Blondie said, turning around and starting to walk once again.

"Wait!What's your name?"Ducky yelled, causing the strange girl to turn around.

"You mean me?"she asked, blushing a crimson red.

"He's Gaara of the Desert"I plainly said, making her glare at me and the said boy to look at me with curiosity.

"I am also curious of your names"he said, addressing me and the Uchiha.

"Uzumaki Mai and this Duckbutt headed emo is Uchiha Sasuke"I said, pointing at Ducky.
"Hn"Duckpost responded before we fell into a deep silence.
"Anything else?"Kitty stated annoyed by the fact that no one cared about his name.
"No.Farewell"I spoke before disappearing in a gust of wind.I watched as the trio left, leaving my friends to stand there, confused as to why I left so suddenly.

'That boy sure is different' I thought as I jumped across Konoha's rooftops.

Gaara's POV

'That girl sure is something else...' I thought as we headed to the hotel.

Another chapter finally done! I'm sorry for leaving you to hang for so long, I had a lot of tests and had to study extremely hard but its finally over!!! Anyways, I am so excited right now, they finally met! And so until next time,

You are the best,
don't let others get you down,
stay awesome,
love you all,
~Maja-chan