Chapter 29 - One Weird Day

This is a Valentine's Day special, enjoy!

3 weeks later
3rd POV

The sun was shining over the leaf village, making it seem even pinker than it already was. Right from the early dawn, citizens rushed from one store to another in search of something.

What was the thing they were searching for? A gift. A gift they would all give to their special someone on this very special day.

Why? Because it was Valentine's Day, the only day anybody would mind missing, or so you think.

In the fire country, in this very village, there was a 13 year old girl that would give anything on Earth to miss it, but unfortunately, her friends wouldn't allow it.

Mai's POV

I finally did it.

I finally found time to study one of the scrolls the Hokage gave me.

But oh how much world hates me for wanting to miss out just one day when it lets Naruto come back from the hospital today of all days, I have to study for the finals for Kami's sake!

So now, instead of letting me be locked up in our room with a bunch of paper all day long, he had to go and tell Yukie-sensei so now we are going with Cherry to Ayane's flat to get her and do something me and I don't think she would like either.

What is it, you ask? A shopping for this annoying day that will end with a party everyone who is in Konoha at the moment is going to attend, even shinobi that are here for the exams!

*ding ding* Cherry rang the black doorbell.

'Please be against this, please be against this, please be against this!' I prayed silently, looking as the dark door opened, revealing my blond headed teammate in a plain long black shirt, her hair tangled and her eyes tired.

"What?"she yawned after nearly jumping out of her skin from seeing us.

"We are gonna go shopping for the party later on and were wondering if you'd join us"Cherry spoke, her eyes sparkling.

"Oh and she gets a choice when the 2 of you just came an-"I started before the white haired woman smacked her hand over my mouth, keeping me from saying anything for the time being.

The blond thought it over for a little before nodding.

"I need a new outfit anyway. Come in"she said, moving aside so that we could enter.

She lead us through a small hall before walking into what I assumed was a living room. It had a dark purple carpet with a black cozy-looking couch on top of it, an old looking wooden table next to it. A big bookshelf sat in a corner, books and scrolls flooding out of it.

"Please wait here, I'll be back in a few minutes"she said before exciting the room.

A few minutes later, she walked into the room in a pair of black ripped jean shorts and a purple tank top with a fishnet underneath, her long blond hair braided with a black bow at the end.

"You look so cute Aya-chan!"Cherry squealed.

"Don't call me that and lets just go already"she glared before walking out with us on her tail.

A lot of painful hours later

We are currently in a clothes shop and I still can't believe they got Ayane not only to buy an outfit that is not black and dark purple but help them find one for me too!