Task Four: Independence

Solitude is independence. 

—Herman Hesse

A certain alarm began to sound in Project Phoenix headquarters, ringing insistently until a receptionist located the source of the noise. He squinted at the readout for a long moment, dredging up the codes taught in orientation. Then, his face promptly went pale.

A few keystrokes, and the file was sent to the phone of every Project Phoenix hero.

Request for Assistance

Threat Profile

Name: Declan Hart

Alias: Horde

Age: 32

Sex: Male

Status: Convict-- Escaped from L'Amant Superhuman Correctional Facility, Quebec

Abilities: Replication-- Convict is capable of creating solid, lasting copies of himself, with up to 200 at a time. Copies have all of Hart's memories, including his experience as former Canadian Special Operations Task Forces

Threat Class: Delta--highly dangerous (requires Empress's personal intervention)

Current Location: Vancouver, Canada, Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt

Urgent Action Required

The receptionist stared at the file again, swallowing nervously. With Ms. Sato still gone, it fell to her chosen heroes to handle the threat Horde posed to the city. He could only pray that they would prove themselves up to the challenge.

He hoped that she making good use of her time away.

~*~

...are we not going to talk about this?

UNCLEAN SPIRIT, I DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU HAVE PERPETRATED THIS LATEST INDIGNITY, BUT I AM CERTAIN YOU ARE SOMEHOW RESPONSIBLE.

I got myself tied up, bound my own powers, and left myself helpless? That was pretty devious of me. I feel like I should cackle.

Sakura sighed. This is not going according to plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements

-Pretty self-explanatory, really. You have a trained opponent who can make 200 of himself at a time. He is currently attacking an important Canadian base. He doesn't particularly care about collateral damage. You probably should care a bit.

-Fun fact! The copies are limited to a half-mile radius of the original superhuman, and they'll fade away if the original is knocked out or killed. Make of that what you will.

-This is the Project's first organized operation against a major-league supervillain. You are currently doing so without your actual leader. I wonder if that'll complicate things?

Kills: Two in-entry deaths. Six tributes will go up for votes this round. Four will be eliminated.

Due Date: Saturday, November 4 at 10 PM EST