Chapter 1

Chia-jung's POV

I came across a village made entirely of ice. People were walking around and talking to each other.

Maybe someone can help me.

As I began to waddle down to them I ended up slipping and falling down the mound of snow I was standing on. I screamed as I fell and I guess I obtained a lot of attention during that ordeal because when I sat up there were people starring at me.

"Hello?" I questioned softly. "May I get some help? I'm a bit lost."

Suddenly a kind looking woman walked up to me and helped me to my feet. "Let's get you somewhere warm." She wrapped some animal fur around my shoulders and guided me inside a small hut made of ice.

"Thank you for your kindness." I bowed to her as I spoke.

"A fire nation bow?" She looked at me quizingly but continued to smile. "You don't appear to be fire nation." She appeared to be putting on a pot of tea. "Come sit down and warm up."

"Thank you. May I ask what you mean by I don't look fire nation?" I asked as I sat in a chair lined with furs.

"You look more like you are from a water tribe somewhere. With your darker completion and facial structure." She moved really close to me and appeared to be examining me. "May I ask who you are?"

"My name is Chia-jung."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Kya." She handed me a cup of warm tea and poured herself one. "I can tell you aren't from around here. No one from around here would wear those clothes outside. They are just too thin and there is nothing to keep out the cold."

I looked down at what I was wearing they were just thin black silk like material that covered my legs and the shirt was made of the same material but had a dark but bright purple decoration spiraling around on it.  The shirt barely even covered my shoulders but showed a scar on my arm that looked like it was probably extremely painful when it happened. I also realized I wasn't wearing anything to cover my feet and they were extremely red from the cold.

"Where are you from?" She asked after I looked back up at her.

"Honestly I have no idea. I can't remember anything." I looked down and watched as the tea leaves swirled around in my drink. "All I remember is my name."

"So you don't remember anything." She whispered like she was thinking of what to do.

I sat there for a while while she thought.

"Ok I've got an idea but I can't promise that it will help. I'm going to Republic City in a few days to visit my brother. I can probably take you with me and we could check the public records for anyone with your name and see what we can do from there." She looked over to me as if she was making sure it was ok with me so I just nodded my head. "Until then you should get some rest and I guess I can lend you some warmer clothes."

"Aren't you worried I might be bad?" I couldn't help but ask after a while.

"I know the face of someone who needs help when I see it. And I can also tell you are a good person by your aura." She smiled at me. "Aren't you worried about how you are in a complete strangers home and don't know a thing about them?"

"Then tell me about who you are." I said as I finally took a drink of the tea and relaxed a bit.

"I already told you my name. So I guess what is next is I'm the daughter of Avatar Aang and water bending master Katara. I took after my mother and I am a water bender." She smirked at me once she noticed I was drinking the tea. "I also have two brothers, one is an air bender and the other isn't a bender at all."

"Wow." That was all I could manage to say.

"Are you a bender?" She asked me as she leaned forward.

"I don't know. I don't think so." I put the cup of tea down and tried to think of anything that would give me a clue about her question.

"Don't worry about it. It wasn't important I was just trying to keep the conversation going." She stood up and grabbed the cups and the teapot before placing them on a tray. "Follow me I will show you what room you can sleep for the time being."

She was so kind I actually felt like this place could be home.

"You can sleep in this room. Its actually my room but I will sleep in my mother's I don't think it would be right for me to have a random person to sleep in her room." She opened the door walked in with me following her. "There are more blankets in the wardrobe if you get cold. And the bathroom is down the hall on the left. If you need anything just yell for me and I'll take care of it."

"Thanks good night." I bowed to her once again before she smiled and closed the door on her way out. I looked at the bed and it was covered with different furs and had three pillows on it. It looked extremely comfortable but before I went to bed I walked over to the window and looked outside.

The moon was full and stars danced around in the sky. For a few minutes I felt hypnotized with the sight until I was interrupted by yawning.

"I guess I should go to bed now." I muttered to myself as I closed the window and made my way to the bed.

As soon as I laid down I realized the bed is even more comfortable than it looks. It felt like I was laying in a really warm and cozy cloud.