Chapter 18

Chai-Jung's pov

"Mara I want you to meet Hiroshi Sato. Owner of the Sato company." I was standing in front of an older man dressed in an expensive suit.

"Pleased to meet you Mara." he politely held his hand out to me.

"It's nice to meet you too." I shook his hand and we began walking to a warehouse.

"My office is right up here." he lead me up a flight of stair where we entered a room full of papers. "These are the most recent things I've been working on."

"I heard you were needing help. Is it with these?" I asked as I pointed toward some blueprints for something with wings.

"That's one of them. I'm having a bit trouble with the balancing it out." He adjusted his glasses and stopped to stare at the blueprints.

I took out some paper and began to fold them to make the design laid out before me. I tossed it into the air but it didn't fly.

"That's what happens when I try to fly them except more fire."

"Let's see." I slowly began to adjust the papers and formed a second set of wings and tossed it.

He watched it soar through the air and out of the room.

"Will that work with the real sized one?" he asked looking impressed.

"I don't see why it wouldn't." I shrugged my shoulders as I quickly drew out the new plans for them

"Then let's get to work." he said as he lead me back to where the machines were.

"What is this exactly?"

"A Plane, well I'm gonna call it the biplane now."

After hours of working we decided to call it a night since it was 3am.

"Do you need a ride home?"

"Well I was staying on air temple island, and I also ran away..."

"You can stay with at my place. I'm sure my daughter would love to have someone her age around." He walked me outside and lead me to something he called a Satomobile.

"Thank you for letting me stay here."

"I'm sure my daughter is already asleep for the night. So you will get a chance to meet her tomorrow." He smiled at me but something seemed off.

I brushed off the feeling once he handed me something to draw with and some paper.

"Could you draw out those plans for me so I can get a better idea of the way they are able to fly so well." a darkness shot through his eyes but left as soon as it appeared.

"Yes. I can do that."

The ink smoothly flowed onto the paper as I sketched out the design and lost any thought of my problems.

All my irritations spilled out onto the page. All within about 15 minutes.

"You know you can stay and do these kind of things all day and get paid. If you work for me." Mr Sato said as he took the paper and examined. "I could even teach you how to build bigger models of these that people can use. You could help thousands of people who are being mistreated by benders like you were."

"I'll think about it." I said standing up and dusting imaginary dirt off my hands.

"You can stay at my place. I assume you don't have anywhere to stay."

I followed him through another set of doors which opened to a hallway. The hallway was cold and made of metal. There was only one other set of doors in the hall and that lead to a very comfortable looking office.

"I'll lead you to a guest room."

I followed him around the house. If you can even call it that it was probably more like a temple. 

I was amazed by the size of some of the rooms, they even had a pond in their house not to mention their own restaurants and library.

I guess he noticed my amazement and he began to laugh. "I'm guessing you've never been in a mansion before?"

"No." was all I could mutter out.

"Here is your room. I'll see you tomorrow."

He closed the door and left me alone in a room full of expensive looking things, but felt so empty.

I couldn't help but walk around the room and see what was behind the other doors. I found a closet that was full of women's clothing, but it was for someone taller than me. 

"He did mention he has a daughter. Maybe their hers" I said to myself as I closed the door and moved over to the next. 

I found what seemed to a huge bathroom. There was almost as much in this room as the main room, if not more.

"What are you doing here?" I turned to see a girl with fiery eyes and raven hair standing in the door way. She had her arms crossed and she stared me up and down.

"Mr. Sato  said I could stay here while I help him with his projects." I straightened myself out. "My name is Mara."

I held my hand out to her like I've seen other people do when greeting someone they meet or that they've known for a while.

"Asami Sato." she responded, but denied my hand shake.

She lead me out of the bathroom and into the main part of the room, don't try to wear any of my clothes. I use the closet to store my things since mine is being remodeled." she said as she pulled out an elegant red dress. She immediately began to change into it.

Instinctively I turned around and went through things in my bag, even though I knew exactly what was inside.

"See ya." Asami chimed as I heard a door closed.

I continued to explore the room as she left but then I realized it was time for me to explore the giant bed in the center of the room. I turned off the light and eventually found my way to the bed.