Chapter 22

Chia-Jung's POV

I decided to go for a walk today. I needed some fresh air and I over heard Korra is having a bit of a hard time with something. Also I have to talk to Tenzin about something weird that's been happening lately.

I know my way around the city a bit better, but I still have no clue if they'll let me back onto air temple island.

I decided to take a break and draw some pretty flowers I saw. Mr Sato thought I was weird I always kept my bag with me, but to be honest I don't plan on staying with him. I just wanted to let Korra calm down since I made her angry.

After I finished drawing I looked up and saw Asami Sato walking around holding hands with someone familiar.

"Mako!" I yelled after I remembered his name. "Do you possibly know where Korra is?" I asked after I got his attention.

"Mara you know Korra?" Asami asked after she noticed who I was.

"Mara?" Mako whispered confused.

"Yea. I met her a while back." I said nervously because I forgot I gave her a fake name.

This seemed to make Mako look at me like I was being suspicious.

"Anyway do you know where Korra is?" I asked once again. "I need to talk to her."

"She was training with Bolin in the gym at the pro-bending arena." He said as he pointed toward the building.

"Thanks." I ran off toward the arena and after I managed to get in I saw Bolin and Korra were indeed training.

I managed to make a paper butterfly and I threw it to gain their attention.

"Chia!" I was immediately picked up and placed into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry about everything." I could feel her crying.

"I didn't know you missed me this much." I let out an awkward chuckle. "Korra I don't blame you for anything. I was the one that ran off."

"Aww..." Bolin squealed. "I love reunions."

"I have a job for a little bit. I'm helping design things." I smiled as she put me down. "I was told these things will be used to make the world a better place."

"That's awesome!" Korra smiled at me. "I had been worried. Who are you working for?"

"Hiroshi Sato. He has me design things he has issues with making." I pulled out a couple things I designed like a motorbike with three wheels for those with issues with balance and an all terrain vehicle.

"These are cool." She said quietly while flipping through my book. "Hey who is this?" She asked as she showed me the picture of Kali.

"Kali. She's a friend I made. Also the girl I got arrested with..." I said the last part quieter than the rest.

"Wait!" Bolin sounded exited as he took the book and looked at the picture. "I haven't seen Kali in forever. She taught me some of my earth bending tricks."

"She's great." I said as I looked at him. "She took me to an underground earth bending tournament, it got busted, and we ran then got arrested."

"She still does those?" He laughed. "I use to join her to earn a little bit of money while Mako and me were on the streets. I'm fairly certain Mako had a crush on her for a while. They were pretty close."

"Cool." I said calmly even though I was slightly jealous. "Hey I'll sit over here while you guys train."

I went over and sat down in the corner and closed my eyes.

I get you dont want to hear from me.

I sat up and looked around.

"Hello?" I asked but I didn't see anyone except Korra and Bolin in the room.

There was no response so I closed my eyes once again and I opened them and found myself floating in darkness but part of me felt like it wasn't truly dark, but there was just nothing what so ever.

"Hello?" I called out.

"I need you to listen to me." A golden looking version of me said as she appeared. "Something bad is going to happen and you need to be ready to give me control."

"Who even are you?" I asked.

"Who I am doesn't matter right now. Just know I am a part of you. The reason you're alive still." She said as she moved to look like she was sitting down.

"If you won't tell me who you are will you tell me atleast where we are?"

"Right now you're body is where you fell asleep, but your spirit is here with me at the void of the universe. It's the only place we will ever see eachother unless we get ripped apart leading to your death." She smiled at me like it wasnt a big deal.

"So if you leave my body I'll die?"

"Yes, I believe so." Suddenly the spirit had a glass of tea and a glass appeared infront of me. "I don't plan on leaving you, but there are some ways you can force me to leave."

"Are you the voice I've been hearing?" I cautiously accepted the tea.

She looked at me confused and then her cup disappeared.

"This is the first time I've been able to contact you for some time. You must have been hearing Vaatu or Rava. Are their words good or bad? Give you peace or concern?"

"It's not good things."

"That must mean Rava is still in the one they call the avatar. That's good. What is the name of the current avatar?"

"Korra. She's a strong Avatar." I smiled.

"She's going to have to be. But she will have to fix her patience."

She already knows her? But how?

"Why did you ask her name if you know..."

"I don't live in the world. All I see is through you. You had me blocked off for some reason." Suddenly my cup disappeared. "I only see the world through you. You are my window but you drew the curtains so I couldn't see. We cant stay much longer your friends are trying to wake you."

"Wait..."

"When the time comes don't fight me taking over. It won't be long but it's not something you cant do without me." She said as her voice began to fade away. "Just don't listen to..."

I shot up as I opened my eyes and Korra looked concerned.

"You ok?"

"Yea. Do you think you could take me to Air Temple Island? I need to talk to Tenzin."

"Yea sure. Is everything ok?"

"I don't know. I have to ask him some questions."