Chapter 26

Chia-jung's POV

"I'm sorry it took us so long." Chief Befong entered the room and sat across from me.

"Look there is another rally tonight Amon is expecting Mara there." I said as I looked at the mask sitting on the table.

"Where?" She asked sounding pleased with this new information.

"Another factory I'm not sure where. They don't tell me they just pick me up."  I sighed as started to fidgit with my jacket.

She got up and banged on the metal wall and it opened for my bag to be handed through.

"Stop fidgiting." She ordered at she threw my bag at me.

Over the few weeks she noticed I don't particularly like small areas or being trapped.

"Look Chia we can't just let you go. It would be suspicious." She pinched the bridge of her nose as she tried to think of a plan.

"Ok very few people know who I am without the mask." I stated as I pulled out my clothes from my bag. "No one will even know I was here."

She nodded her head before turning around so I could quickly change out of the uniform and stuff it into my bag.

"It seems that it was just a misunderstanding." Chief Befong said before she released me. "But to be safe I'll have a few men keep their eye on you."

"Don't worry to find me you just need a polar bear dog's nose." I laughed before I made eye contact with one of the equalist.

I nodded at him and he smiled as he settled into his seat.

I wasn't sure what I nodded at but I felt like I just confirmed I was still following through with my lie.

I was walked out of the station and I wasn't sure where to go now. So I walked towards the Pro-bending Arena in hopes to find someone I know. Possibly Kali.

Sure enough the now famous Fire Ferrets were training. 

"Hey guys." I said awkwardly as I walked into sight. "Do you guys know where Kali is?"

"Why should we tell you?" Mako stated as everyone stopped and stared at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked around at them.

Bolin looked uncomfortable in the corner while Mako and Korra had their arms crossed while standing in a more defensive way.

"Tenzin didn't tell you did he?"

Suddenly someone's fist met my jaw causing me to fall to the ground.

"Y'all really need to stop punching me." I groaned as I looked up to see Asami standing over me.

"Mara do you really..." She started yelling at me.

"First off my name is Chia-Jung." I said grabbing my jaw. "Second you punch better than Mako."

"Thanks." She smirked as I forced myself to my feet.

I began to feel light headed. So I grabbed onto the closest support beam.

"What makes you think you can go from the Equalist then acting like our friend?" Mako grabbed a hold of my shirt again.

I was already having issues standing right now and he wasn't helping with my feet barely touching the ground.

"Do you think Lin Befong would have released me if I couldn't be trusted?" Was all I could say as the world began to get foggy.  "Or that Kali would trust me?"