Chapter 34

Chia-jung POV

We all stayed where we were and no one tried to speak about what just happened. 

I think they were waiting to hear my thoughts on what was going on compared to the spirit that had taken over my mouth.

Kali sat down next to me and gently wrapped me into a hug.

"So that explains the water to metal thing I guess." Korra finally spoke up.

"That was only part of why we came to see you." Asami stated as she pulled out the  various machine designs and blue prints I had Lin give her.

I gently pushed Kali away and saw she was blushing at how close she was to me while I still didnt have my shirt on. After she turned away I carefully put my shirt on.

"I'm giving those to you." I spoke calmly. "You can adjust the designs how ever you find fit your purpose."

"Some of these things look similar to my father's weapons but different." She stated as she held up a biplane designed to carry water on two tanks.

"Its supposed to help water crops or put out fires in high places." I smiled at the drawing. "Not everyone has original ideas when it comes to building something tends to inspire it. Your father chose bombs instead of water."

I stood up and walked over to her before shifting through the papers and pulling out one I had worked on recently.

It wasn't anything fancy just model for a Satomobile with extra wheels to go off road.

"Your father paid me to use adjust my designs, but I didnt give him any of the new ones. I know you will use them for good." I handed her back the design.

"So about you working for them." Korra didn't seem to be comfortable talking about Amon and the equalist.

"It started off after you burned me that last time. I went to the park and began to make things. Some of the things I made were paper dragonflies and butterflies." I began to explain everything. "By the time I realized how much harm they were causing I was in too deep. Originally I was just helping create the biplanes, then so much more. I figured me being hurt by a bender and not being one made him feel sorry for me. It didnt help a different voice was trying to make me do something bad."

They were all sitting down somewhere by the time I was almost done with the story.

"I managed to reach out to Lin and Tenzin and convinced them to believe me like I had done with Kali. I became the 'inside man' and refused to let them see my dangerous designs."

"Then why did you help with modifying the biplanes?" Korra asked.

"If I didnt help make them drop the bombs then they were going to kill Kali." I looked at the ground as I spoke. "I knew Amon would have done so if he found her, but I managed to permanently lock at least ten of the biplanes release  mechanisms. I disabled as many as I could, if I got caught I knew things would have been sped up and things would have been worse."

"How did you get figured out?"

I didn't look up to see who asked. I just closed my eyes as memories of the pain made my body ache as if it had just happened. It felt like the electricity was still flowing through me.

"Amon had started doubting me for a while. So much so as he used one of the gloves on me the day Lin... Cheif Beifong raided the secret warehouse under the Sato Manor. I confirmed his suspicions  when I tried to get him to release Tenzin's kids. I got into a fight with him and he realized he couldn't control me. So I was a threat that needed to be made an example of."

"We all heard what you said, how you diverted his attention to you to buy us more time." Kali guided my face to look up. "I'm sorry I was so harsh to you when I went to save you."

"No you have every right to be mad at me. You all do. If I didn't..."

"It's in the past." Korra cut me off. "You did everything you could to make things right, and saved the only airbenders."

I need to go out for a walk this room was starting to feel cramped.

"I have to go see Tenzin. I'm supposed to do more air bending training with him." Korra stood up. "I'm think I could use some fresh air right now."

Korra left and both Asami and Kali looked saddened.

"That's the calmest she has been in a while." Asami spoke quietly. "Amon took her bending before she unlocked air bending so that's all she can do. What Amon did has hurt her. She hasn't slept much."

"When she does she ends up having a nightmare. I don't think she knows we know." Kali added.

"That's understandable. When something traumatic happens things like that happens." I sighed because I knew exactly what she was going through. "I know we are going to see if Katara can reverse the effects. That might make her feel better, but just know it may not get rid of the pain he caused her."

They both nodded as they realized that I was explaining she was going to deal with.

"Dinner will be served in ten minutes." A man's voice boomed through the ship.

"You should go eat." I stated as I grabbed my bag.

Kali gave me a kiss on the cheek before they left me alone in the room.

I felt tears flooded my cheeks as I remembered how much pain I caused her.

Leave and you'll  be free. The dark voice spoke.

I pulled out my notebook and began to write a letter.

'I'm sorry. I wanted to stay, but I need time to figure myself out. I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I did. I wish I could take it back. I don't know where I'll go but when you need me you'll be able to find me. I'm sorry I couldn't say good bye. Don't look for me please. I will come back soon.
- Chia-jung'

I wrote a couple more letters as my good byes and placed them on the doors of who the letter was for.

I walked near the chow hall and saw everyone was talking about something or eating. They seemed like one big family.

I walked past the room and on to the deck.

"You know if I didn't know better I'd say you were leaving." I turned around to see Lin was standing behind with her arms crossed.

"I need some space to forgive myself and think things through."

"You know running away won't make it go away right?"

"But it will give me the quiet I need to sort things out." I spoke softly. "Its just too much to handle at once."

"I understand."

I'm not sure how I managed to but I ended up creating a giant turtle that took me away.

"Tell them I'm sorry." I yelled to Lin since she stayed to watch me leave.

After about thirty minutes I was far enough away that the ship could no longer been seen