Chapter 25

This is Chia-jung's outfit while she is around Amon and the Equalist.

Chia-jung's pov

Somehow I went from talking to Tenzin about everything that has happened in these past few weeks. To me now being an inside man that only him and Cheif Befong know about.

Sadly that means I now have to continue building things for the Equalist.

"Today they are moving me to a secret factory so I am safer, but that just means it will be harder for me to sneak information." I said as I spoke to Tenzin on air temple island like I was studying the air gliders.

"Why are you taking notes on the gliders?" Tenzin finally asked after an hour of me having been here.

"I was followed. They are worried someone is double crossing them. So everyone is being followed." I whispered as I held the open glider in front of my face.

"What are you planning on designing?"

"Actually I've been modeling these." I opened my book and showed him glider suit I had been designing. "I know you might not like them, but once I figure out the material I need and exactly how to make them they could be fun for your kids."

"So it's not for them?" He asked as he ran his hand over his beard like he was thinking.

"You think I would give them something so dangerous the ability to glide through the air by free will?" I laughed as remembered something else. "Oh yeah. This new place they are relocating me to it's underground."

That seemed to click something in Tenzin's head and before I knew it I was back on the main land meeting up with Kali.

I had been warned about hanging out with her, but I came up with the excuse that it helps me blend it so I'm not expected so they leave me alone with her, unless they find out we are together.

"Hey so how did it go?" She asked as she greeted me with a hug.

"I hate that I have to do this." I whispered in her ear. "I have just been making the electric gloves for the past week because I don't want them to have more machines, but I can't just make nothing or they'll expect something."

She grabbed my hand and we began to walk around. Down town Republic City near the Pro-bending Arena when I was suddenly grabbed by the collar of she shirt and held against the wall.

Sure enough it was Mako holding me there with a flame coming from his hand like it was a knife.

"I told you to stay away from all of us. That includes Kali." He said as he held the flame closer to my neck.

The heat began to feel uncomfortable being that close to my skin.

"Mako let her go!" Kali yelled and sure enough Korra and Bolin came running over.

"What's going on?" Korra shouted over all of us and Mako released me forcing me to fall onto my ass.

"I don't know why dont we ask Chia-Jung here?" Mako spoke with anger in his voice.

He was moments away from killing me and he wants to act like the victim.

"Or should we call you Mara?" He suddenly added and everyone stared at me. Then the named clicked.

Kali helped me to my feet and squeezed my hand tightly.

"What?" Korra asked and she looked like she was about to charge me when Kali stepped in the way.

"Korra I can't explain this here." I moved Kali out of the way as I spoke quietly so only we could hear.

"Well you better explain or..." Korra started.

"This is something bigger than me. I don't have a lot of time before I head back. I don't know when I will be able to get back here. Tenzin will tell you if he wants to."

I looked outside and saw a van park outside and I quickly recognized it as my ride.

"I'm sorry I have to go or something bad will happen." I said before giving Kali a quick kiss and running off towards the van.

After an hour I found myself in an underground factory workshop and I had to wear my horrible uniform Amon had made for me.

After I had changed I had to work on giant machines for people to use as weapons and armor.

"Mara!" Someone called for me and I quickly ran over to the source just to be met by Amon and a few of his many henchmen.

"Hello Miss Mara." I could hear his smile through his mask. "I came to check on you to see if you like your new work space."

"It is quite nice. A bit humid but it will work well for the metal." I stated as I knocked on a piece of sheet metal that hadn't been used yet.

"Well I received word that you were with the avatar today." He spoke in a tone as if he were getting onto a child.

"Her fire bender friend attacked me today. While I was out walking in the city after taking notes on the air benders' gliders for a project I am looking into."

"Hmm. You see someone was questioning your loyalty." He said as he put on one of the electric gloves that was laying on the near by work bench. "Just to be sure you know the price of betraying me. I'm afraid I have to do this." He said as he turned the glove on.

I knew what was going to happen and it was going to hurt, but if I resist then I will seem like I don't trust him. Which would also seem like I don't believe in his cause.

"I understand sir." I said as I kneeled down in front of him to continue the act farther.

I also knew it would hurt less of I relaxed and accepted that it was going to happen, but I'm sure he doesn't think I know that.

The pain of the electric gloves didn't last for very long. My it caused my muscles to tighten and a small yelp escaped from my lips.

"I'm sorry Mara." He spoke before helping me to my feet. "But now you know if you ever cross me it will be a thousand times worse."

He turned and left me alone in the workshop, even all the workers left.

That was when I learned they have a secret passage way right in the middle of of the workshop.

After a few more hours of working I learned they expect me to live here with no living accommodations except a bathroom and a mini fridge in the break room.

At this moment a few more people came into the workshop as security and as workers so I sat against the wall and drew for a bit. It was kind of hard with this metal mask on my face, but I wasn't allowed to take it off since I'm supposed to be at a rally later again. I ended up going back and forth from working to drawing.

Suddenly the earth felt like it was shaking which is quite problematic if you're underground because it increases the vibration.

I turned off my blow torch during the vibrations so I could avoid burning myself.

Just as I put the blow torch down a group of Republic City police officers swarmed the room with Tenzin, Korra and her friends.

All of the security and workers were immedietly arrested. I was also surprised that Mr Sato was also here, as well as his daughter, but she didn't seem to be under arrest.

"Don't move!" One of the officers yelled at me and I immediately put my hands in the air. "Remove your mask."

"But you told me not to move." I spoke calmly as they began to surround me.

"Get down here." Chief Befong ordered and didn't waste anytime following her orders. "You ok?" She asked so only I could hear.

I nodded my head as they place me in cuffs.

"Secret entrance west wall." I whispered to her. "I don't know anything else beyond that."

They placed me with the rest of the people they had arrested tonight before leaving us with the few metal bending officers and heading down the tunnel.

While they were down in the tunnel more officers came and collected us and they placed me in a separate vehicle since I was the only female in the room and sure enough I was also placed in a solid metal room by myself for hours.