Chapter 19

Chia-Jung's pov

I woke up because someone decided to suddenly turn on the lights.

I groaned as the lights burned my sleep ridden eyes. As my eyes adjusted my eyes were aligned with a pair of bloodshot golden ones. 

I quickly sat up and saw a mumbling Asami sit up.

"What are you doing Asami?" I asked as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Trying to think..." she slurred her words as she spoke. "I'm... stupid, Mako's stupid, Korra's stupid, everyone's stupid."

I couldn't help but be amazed at how she was still so intelligent sounding after she is clearly drunk. "You should probably go to sleep." That is the right thing to say right? oh wait... "Drink some water before you go to sleep."

I found a glass before I quickly ran and filled it up with water. 

When I went to hand her the water she knocked it out of my hand.

The glass shattered against the ground sending water and glass to decorate the ground.

I would have tried to stop it but I was surprised by her drunken lips crashing against my sober ones.

I immediately backed away and she fell backwards onto the bed. I went to check on her and I saw she was passed out. 

I wasn't about to leave the glass laying around so I began to pick it up the glass and dried up the water. Thankfully the glass didn't break into too many pieces. 

I took off her shoes and worked her out of her jacket. I carefully placed the jacket and shoes in the closet before going back and covering her up. I was still quite tired myself  so I went over to the bed and grabbed a spare blanket and pillow and slept on the floor. 

It obviously wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep, but it wasn't the worst. At least I believe  I've slept in  worse places. My body seems to be able get comfortable anywhere when it comes to sleep.

I was able to sleep until morning this time. I stood up and saw Asami was gone.

I was greeted by Mr. Sato as soon as I opened the door.  

"Good morning Miss Mara." He smiled as he lead me down to the  kitchen where Asami was sitting with her face against the table. "Good morning daughter."

She just mumbled something about being loud.

"Would anyone like some tea?" He asked as he lead me to a seat.

"Tea sounds great." I  smiled at his kindness before I looked over at the hung over girl sitting across the table. 

He put a pot of tea over the flames coming out of the cooking box, I was told is called a stove. Afterwards he came and sat down next to his daughter.

He slid me a piece of paper and a stick of charcoal. I knew his kindness was just so he could lay claim to whatever I design. Not that I really care; at least I'm helping do good.

I began to sketch  out whatever was willing to leave its trace on the paper. After while he placed a cup of tea next to the paper. 

"Good ideas this morning?" He asked with a smirk  made his mustache raise ever so slightly.

"You could say that."  I took a sip of the tea before I continued drawing. "I just create what my mind sees and my hand agrees with. It works so I'm told."

"Hmmm." 

I looked up and saw Asami was now gone.

"I guess she got bored." I stated as I took a bigger drink of the tea.

"She was talking about meeting some friends." He sounded like he cared more about the drawing than our conversation. "You know with your designing skills and my brains we can  actually make a huger difference in the world and still be the ones on top."

"I don't want to be on top. I just want to make the world a better place." I looked at him and saw my words still went by with out notice.

I cleared my throat and actually got his attention.

"I am still new around here in Republic City. I was wondering f I could roam around for a bit." I finished my tea and stood up. 

"I don't want you to get lost." He seemed to actually be concerned. "May be I could see if I can get someone to take you."

"That would be nice."

"But it would have to be after the rally." He smiled. "The only person I trust to bring you back safely  will be protecting the non benders."

"That's fine." I mumbled. 

"Unless you want to go to the rally."

He quickly arranged a ride for me to the rally and I'm actually glad he is having show me around after this. I don't think I can even get back there right now. 

I sat on a bench while a huge crowd gathered. I tried to be more interested in what they we were saying but I couldn't believe some of the things so I was bored.

"You know you are the last person I thought I would see here." I looked over to see Kali.

"I'm just waiting for the person who is supposed to show me more of the city." I scooted over so she could sit down next to me.

"Well instead of waiting I could show you around."

She smiled at me and I couldn't help  but smile back. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked to keep a conversation going and I also was a bit curious.

"Well I was walking through and I saw a beautiful woman looking bored. And I thought she might want something to do." She showed me her most charming smile before saying, "But it would seem I've lost her."

For a split second I was confused.

"I don't see anyone who is bored now." She finished quickly added. 

Immediately a warm blush spread across my face.

She stood up and reached her hand out to me.

"The offer still stands I'll show you the city if you want."

"Sure. Its better than the scary looking guy who was supposed to," I said as I pointed over to him.

"Hey at least this way you will also have a good view." She said as she winked at me.