Chapter 2

"I got you some clothes." Kya held up a bag as she came back into her house. "I thought you might like to be warm when you next go outside."

"Thanks that's so nice of you." I stood up and she threw me the bag.

"Let me know if they are ok."

"Sure I will try them on right now." I walked to the room she was letting me use and pulled out the clothes.

They sure did look warm. There was a pair of dark blue pants, a white shirt, a jacket made of a lighter shade of blue fabric and the inside was lined with fur. In the very bottom of the bag there was a pair of brown boots that also had white fur lining the inside.

I slowly began to take of the clothes I was wearing and I saw my body was covered in various scars. Some looked like burns others I couldn't tell the source of them.

Looking at the scars I began feel ashamed about them and I wanted to cover them.

I began to put on the clothes and I got to the jacket and I had a hard time fastening it up. So I decided to skip that for now and put the boots on.

They slid right on but they made my feet feel like they were suffocating.

"Hey can we go and look around?" I asked as I shook my foot, then the other one.

"Sure. Are the shoes ok?" She asked looking at my feet.

"They are warm but I feel like my feet can't breathe." I said as I shook my feet again.

"Here let me see your feet." She motioned for me to sit in front of her.

I took my shoes off and held my feet up to her.

"You haven't worn shoes much in your life have you? Or at least not for a while." She let go of my get and stood up. "They may be uncomfortable but I guess you will just have to get use to it." She grabbed the shoe and held it up to my foot. "Yea they are the right size so just give them time."

"Yea sure. Ok I will be fine." I said as I put the shoes back on. "Its better than losing toes to frost bite."

She laughed at what I said before standing up and walking to the door. "Do you still want to go out?"

"I'd love to." I quickly stood up and walked after her. When I caught up to her she quickly placed a set of earmuffs on my head.

"Stay close the market gets busy during this time of day."

She walked through the crowds with such ease. I on the other hand I was barley able to move through but only because everyone would stop to stare at me.

"Kya? Do I look weird?" I whispered once I caught up to her.

"At first glance you look like you belong to the water tribe, but most people know everyone around here so they can easily spot a new comer." She stopped at a vender and looked at some food. "It also could be that you are with me. People probably are curious about who is with the Avatar's daughter."

Suddenly everything went extremely quiet except for the sound of a girl yelling for someone named Naga.

I looked to the side to see a giant polar bear dog crash into me.

"Agh..." I groaned as I tried to push the polar bear dog off of me.

"I am so sorry." The girl shouted as she ran up to us. "Naga up!" She commanded the polar bear dog off of me and it did so. "Sit!" It listened again.

I slowly sat up while I breathed heavily from having a 400 lb creature laying on me.

"Naga you don't run off you know better." She continued to scold the polar bear dog as the it lowered its head. "I'm sorry about her. I don't know what got into her."

"It's fine." I mumbled as Kya helped me up.

"Kya is this a friend of yours?" The girl asked.

"This is Chia-jung. She isn't from around here. She just wandered into the village from the tundra. She doesn't know who she is." Kya spoke about me like I wasn't there.

"Oh. That sucks." The girl said as she rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm Korra." She smirked at me and held her hand out.

"Korra here is the new Avatar. When we leave to go to Republic City she will be on the boat with us." Kya said as I shook Korra's hand.

"Nice to meet you." I muttered softly.

"You're eyes are really cool looking." Her eyes widened when she began to examine my eyes. "One is green colored but the other it seems to have changed from blue to an amber color."

"I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and looked over to Naga who was just wagging her tail as she watched us.

"Oh don't worry about her; she won't hurt you. She got a bit excited for some reason." Korra gently pet her furry companion. "Well I have to get a few things for dinner tonight. It was nice to meet you I guess I will see you on the ship to Republic City." She guided Naga as she began to walk away.

"Speaking of dinner, what are you hungry for?" She smirked when she heard my stomach growled.

"I'll eat anything. As long as its food." I wasn't sure right why I said that but it came out as if it were instinct.

"Sure let's do some more shopping and I'll cook something up." She turned back to the vender and purchased a few things before she moved on to another vender.