Chapter 36

Chia-jung's POV

I could feel something was wrong in the world. The spirits were angry and panicked, but I couldn't figure out why.

Somehow the time the voice has been resting I managed to grow a deeper connection to the world and the spirits that reside here. But creating the place for us took a lot out of the spirit inside me.

It didnt help she already pushed it when she fixed the ship then helped me with my injuries.

It has almost been a week and she was silent while the spirits raged on. Some would come to me like they wanted my help, but they would realize I wasnt really the one they wanted to talk to.

"Chia we have to go now. You're friends are in trouble. That girl..."

The voice faded away but she was trying to keep from fading.

"Shes drowing."

"But how..." I started to feel the panic set in.

"Trust me and run."

I felt the intensity of her words. I could tell it was an order to trust her and listen.

Suddenly there was what felt like a surge of power rush through me. It left me with a warm sensation flowing through my veins.

My heart was beating like a war drum as the warmth continued to spread. I took a deep breath as I started to run towards the water.

As soon as my feet felt that cold water the world seems to speed past me while I continued to run.

"She is here."

The world suddenly seemed to become still near a water tribe boat and I felt like there was a pull towards in the water so I jumped and found myself diving deep into the water.

I swam as deep as I could but it wasnt even close to getting close enough to her.

"Let me help her." The voice spoke calmly as I began to panic more.

"Please save her." I begged and closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes again i found the spirit had gained control and created a giant water serpent to help her get to Kali.

She wrapped and arm around Kali and asked the serpent to guide us to the surface just before she gave me control again.

The serpent raised us above the water and I looked over at the ship. Everyone on the deck looked at us shocked.

"Kali please open your eyes." I whispered softly before she started to violently cough up water.

"What happened..." she froze when she realized how high up the serpent was holding us. "How..." she looked at me and looked like she was about to faint. "Chia..." tears filled her eyes.

"Hey." I'm sure I was smiling like a fool, but I'm sure anyone would be considering she almost died but didnt.

The serpent carefully lowered themself to a private area on the ship and we got off of its head.

I quickly noticed a man in the space tried to run. I looked at Kali and she looked uneasy.

"He knocked me over..."

Anger instantly flooded my mind and with a wave of my hand the man froze as if time stopped around him.

I walked over to him and turned him to face me before releasing him.

"How did you do that?"

"The real question is why did you knock her overboard?" I tried hard to fight the venom lacing my words.

"I... I didnt she slipped." He fumbled over his words.

I grabbed a hold of the collar of his shirt.

"Last chance to tell the truth and I will let you live."

"Chia!" Kali exclaimed in a panic.

"I'm sorry!" The man was sobbing and mumbling like a fool.

I let go of him and walked back over to Kali. I closed my eyes and placed my hand on the side of her face.

"I would..."

Suddenly I felt something was wrong like a warning as Kali tensed up I quickly turned around and found a earth disk flying toward me.

As if we both knew what we had to do Kali bended the disk away and I raised my hand to freeze the man again bit accidentally turned him to stone.

"Sorry this is more effective for now. We can fix him when we reach land."

Kali wa shocked when she noticed the man.

"What did you do!" She yelled as we went to check the man. "Is he..."

"No. He's not dead. He is too dangerous right now. We will fix him when we get to land. Where he can ne arrested to attempting to kill you." I stated to try to calm her down a little.

"What do you mean we?"

"We should probably sit down this is a bit of a story."