Chapter 32

Chia-jung's POV

I waited outside the door where Amon was yelling at someone. Suddenly the door opened and a man was forced out.

"Mara please come in." Amon smiled  as he guided me into the room. "Let's get straight to the point. Why do you insist we untie the air benders?"

How did he already know, unless someone told him already...

"I was telling them to untie the children. They are scared and need to be treated carefully."

"They are benders." He immediately lost his temper.

"So are you." I immediately shot back.

He froze when he heard me say that and I could see he was shocked by how wide his eyes were behind his mask.

"I can see it. The glow around you is blue, but its a lot darker than normal water benders." I grabbed my mask and held it in between us. "I know you are using blood bending. I know you use it to control people."

"Then you see why I know bending is dangerous."

"If in the wrong hands yes."

"You know Avatar Aang took my father's bending, he could blood bend just using his mind. Then he ran away  and had us." He continued to tell me his sad childhood and how his brother abandoned him. "That's when I learned bending made people corrupt and gave them power over everyone else."

'He used his bending to block their powers. Not a spirits gift.'

"What do you think you're doing now?" I stepped away from him. "What happens once you take everyone's bending away would you take away yours?"

He remained quiet.

"What about once they learned you lied to them? I cant imagine they'll  stay by your side." I turned away from him.

As soon as I wasn't facing him I felt odd like my body grew heavier and my mind was slightly fuzzy.

I turned back around to see he was trying to blood bend me.

'That's not going to work.'

I repeated what the voice said.

I was bothered I still didn't have a name for her, but she didnt seem to care.

"I don't think you got the message when I warned you what would happen if you betrayed me Mara." He was a bit too calm now. "Or perhaps you'd prefer to be called Chai-jung?"

Amon nodded his head after he stated my name and something  hard and heavy hit me from behind.

"Take her to the stage and make sure she is restrained properly." I heard Amon order someone before everything grew quiet and dark.

"I'm sorry I cant protect you more."

I looked around and sure enough the golden form of myself was floating a short distance from me.

"Its hard to keep my energy up when I use my powers  without taking over your body." She sighed. "He tried to stop your heart and lungs so you'd die."

"Why doesn't that surprise me?"  I groaned as I looked around. "Amon is an evil man."

"The world is always going to have bad in it. And there will always be and evil trying to tempt you."

"Is that the voice that keeps making me feel bad?"

"Yes. He is trying to lure you to him, but you cant get to him unless the portal is open."