Chapter 24

Chia-jung's pov

I was looking out in the crowd but I couldn't see Korra or Mako. All I could make out was a crowd of angry people in this dark factory.

Suddenly some of Amon's henchmen brought in five people with bags on their heads four male and one female.

"Welcome." Amon said as he smirked. "Citizens of Republic City, I know you have been wondering what is the revolation? We'll get to that in a second first I'd like to introduce Mara." I waved to the crowd as he pulled be over to him. "This girl is  the brains behind our technology that helps our cause. She is making it possible for us to actually have a chance because I can't stand alone."

After he was done introducing me he began to give some speech as I continued to try and scan the crowd for Korra and Mako.

There was a pause in his speech after he said he could take away bending. I think everyone was quite from either shock or disbelief.

"I have before you members of the Triple Threats. Benders that have..."

I looked over at they began to pull the hoods of the five prisoners  and I was shocked to see the two farthest from me. Bolin and Kali.

They both looked scared and I was shocked.

Amon began a demonstration to see if the leader of the Triple Threats could beat him, but something seemed off about how Amon dodged the gang leaders attacks. He moved as if he knew the exact location the attack would hit. Then suddenly the gang leader went from lightning bending to fire, then there was nothing.

The man tried to bend but nothing would come from his fist.

A huge stir began to erupt in the crowd below.

The people Amon had kidnapped began to freak out as they tried to escape, only to be taken one by one to him and have their bending taken as well.

I had to do something. They both need their bending.

"Come on." I whispered as I hope Mako and Korra we're here and already working on whatever they were planning on doing to save Bolin.

Steam shot through the air as if it were forced into the room.

A huge wave of fear shot through the building and I saw two figures rush the stage.

The taller of the two went over to the captives and started fire bending.

I ran over to Kali and looked at the lock before I pulled out a piece of paper and quickly folded it into a key.

I unlocked the shackles and Kali just had a confused and shocked look on her face.

I held a finger up to tell her to be quiet. She just nodded her head from confusion. 

Suddenly I looked over and saw the three benders trying to find away out.

I guess Kali knew I wanted their attention because she got it and I ran towards the nearest exit before I felt a fist meet my temple.

"You come near any of us again I will make sure I do worse than that." Mako spoke clearly to me while everyone rushed out of the building.

As he ran out he was followed by a swarm of chi blockers. I slid down the wall grabbing my head because of the pain ringing in my skull.

Amon helped me to my feet before he stepped outside himself. The next thing I knew he was back in front of the crowd with his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry they are going to need a head start, because with all we can accomplish we will be truly equal."

His hand felt like it weighed as much as an elephant koi on my shoulder.

"Go home and rest, because equality is coming and it's going to stay."

The room was full of cheers as people began to praise this man.

That night I was quickly given a ride back to the Sato manor and when I got there I took off that uniform as quickly as I could. I felt disgusting just wearing the same uniform as that man. I packed the uniform back into the box and slid it under the bed.

"Mara?" Mr Sato asked through the door.

"Yes?" I asked through my teeth as I quickly threw on my usual attire.

"I'm sorry to have put you on the spot today. I probably should have told you. Also I heard about the attack, it's a good thing those benders didn't hurt anyone." He said as he opened the door. "It is a big deal that you were chosen to stand next to Amon though."

"Yeah." I said awkwardly.

"I know you must still be in shock. Well I wanted to let you know tomorrow you have the day off and Amon wants you to attend another rally tomorrow night." He smiled at me as light glared off his glasses. "Well I'll let you rest. Goodnight."

"Night." I closed the door behind him before grabbing my bag and climbing out the window and heading to Kali's home.

I threw a pebble at her window and she seemed to immedietly opened the window and saw me.

"Quickly." She softly shouted as she made a ladder for me to climb up. "Ok so it's stupid you decided to sneak her after I've been kidnapped."

I tried to act surprised, but she then noticed the dark purple bruise on my temple.

"You're..." She froze from shock as she stepped away from me.

"Kali..."

"I don't even know what to call you." She looked disgusted my the sight of me.

"My name is Chia-Jung. Please let me explain."

"Yeah Mara explain." She spat her words at me.

"Last I checked I saved you."

"Yeah after the avatar created a distraction, what if she hadn't been there would you have just let him..." She was rambling out of anger.

"No." Was all I could say before she threw something at me.

"No? Cause it looked like you were just going to stand there and watch." Her voice was starting to get louder. "What's this about you building things for them?"

"I'm not building things for them... At least I didn't think I was." I slid down her wall after she threw something else at me and it shattered against the wall next to my head. "I didn't even know why I was there."

She seemed to calm down a little.

"Do I really seem like someone who would hate bending?" I sighed as I ran my hand over my face. "I have always been a friend of benders."

"Why did you save me instead of Bolin?" She asked quietly. "I mean he was closer."

"Because..." I sighed again. "I couldn't risk that Korra and Mako weren't going to save you too."

Suddenly she was on her knees in front of me.

"Look I don't know how I ended up in that situation, but I'm not going back. I don't want to be the bad guy. So if they want to destroy the world they can do it without me."

Suddenly a pair of warm lips met mine.

"So you're running away again?" 

I hadn't heard the dark voice in a while so I ended up freezing for a second, before I decided to ignore it.

"I forget that's all you're good for. You had a chance to actually bring good to this world for once..."

I forced the voice away as I continued to enjoy the moment.