Chapter 27

Kali's POV

I walked into the gym to see Chia passed out on some mats while Korra was trying heal her.

"What the hell!" I said as I ran over to them.

"She got punched and after a few minutes she passed out. She glowed for a second then stopped." Bolin was rambling like he always does when he's nervous.

"Water bending doesn't work to heal her. I don't know why but I even watched someone try it so you should stop." I said to Korra before she guided the water to and empty vase. "Who punched her?"

No one responded but Asami looked like she felt bad.

"Ok good Asami you're coming with me to collect the things I need. I can make something to wake her up and something to prevent her face from brusing more." I said as I grabbed her wrist. "Guys the people who normally come find her to take her to rallies come here to pick her up. So keep her safe and possibly hidden." I added before dragging Asami away to the market place.

"Do you know herbalism?" She asked after we had been walking for a while.

"Yeah my grandma taught me before she died. The real herbalism, not that fake crap my parents sell. Since my mother decided to cut corners to get more money." I groaned.

"That's why I know you. You were my neighbor." She finally realized.

"Yeah. I'm the kid your father would warn you to stay away from, because I caused trouble. As I tried to escape the prison my mother made."

"I get the feeling you don't like me."

"You would be partly correct." I said as we entered a shop full of plants. "You were the girl I grew up hearing I should be more like. Because my mother wanted the perfect daughter for her perfect family. She wanted some one who wasn't a wild bender child."

"That night were you actually kidnapped?" She asked quietly.

She just had to bring up the revolation rally.

I examined the leaves of a bamboo plant before I decided to answer.

"Taken against my will yes, kidnapped not exactly." I sighed and lowered my hands from the plant. "Neither of my parents were benders, but my grandfather on my dad's side was and he died on the day of the black sun 70 years ago. My mother thinks bending is a curse and didn't want me to have mine. So she made a deal with Amon. Take my bending and she'd give him great deal of money."

"That's..."

"Don't. Let's just get the rest of the ingredients so I take care of my girl." I cut her off because I didn't want to hear her sympathy.

"Your girl?"

Great now teasing...

"She's sort of my girl, it's kinda like how your dating Mako. Except we aren't exactly official cause she never answered if she would date me."

She gave me a weird look.

"You're not dating Mako are you?"

"No we recently broke up." She said while looking slightly bummed out.

"Shit... My bad." I felt like a jerk now.

"It's fine." She shook it off pretty quick. "Honestly I just didn't picture you as a lesbian."

"I'm not a lesbian." She looked at me like I was a hog monkey in a circus. "I'm bisexual. I like both guys and girls. Mostly girls, but I still like guys. Hell I dated Mako for a couple months."

"Really?" She looked surprised.

"Yeah I broke it off because he kept getting whiny that I'd spend time teaching Bolin how to Earth bend better and I didn't spend much time with him." I laughed a little. "Also feel free not to answer, but has Mako's kissing skills gotten better?"

"Whaa..." She froze as a deep blush spread across her face.

"I'm just messing with you." I gently pushed her shoulder before paying for the plants. "He use to suck at kissing, but he got better with practice I'm sure."

She was too flustered to say anything so I just started to head to the next store.

Chia-jung's POV

I was watching the dark skinned water bender who I recently learned name is Katara.

She was practicing her bending with Aang.

I was hypnotized by her movements as the water moved around her.

"Hey animal girl." The earth shook next to me and I looked over to see the blind girl who never introduced herself.

"Hello."

"Are you done creeping on Twinkle Toes?" She bended herself a chair and sat next to me.

"What?" I asked because I was sure that was her nickname for Aang.

"Come on. I'm blind, but I can still see you have a crush." She teased.

"Crush?"

"Wow you really are..." She cut herself off from whatever she was going to say. "Someone you have strong feeling for. You feel as them as more than a friends or family."

"No. Aang is just a friend to me. He is too young for any possible romantic feeling from me." I stated as I started to create a possum chicken out of the mud.

"Here, let me help." The girl bended a chunk of earth into the shape I was going for.

"Oh thank you. I've never used a mold someone else has made." I looked at it and it was a perfect model of a possum chicken. "I can try though."

I ran my fingers over the delicate details. I kissed the forehead of the model and suddenly the Earth began to crumble away to where I was holding a living possum chicken.

It didn't stay in my hand long before it jumped down and ran off to hide.

"So if it's not Twinkle Toes that got your heart racing then..." Suddenly she stopped talking and Sokka walked toward us with food.

I looked over and Aang and Katara have gone to making giant waves.

"Stop with your water magic and come eat something." Sokka yelled at them.

Suddenly a giant wave came crashing down upon us and I was surrounded my the dark liquid that sent me here.

Before I knew it I closed my eyes as tight as I could and once I opened them I was back in the Pro-bending Arena.

Kali had her hand on my jaw and a green paste in the palm of her other hand.

I was excited to see her so without thinking I grabbed her chin and pulled her in for a kiss.

Someone cleared their throat and we split apart.

"I have a rally to get to!" I suddenly yelled as I jumped to my feet.

"Yeah. So it turns out they are searching for you." Asami stated very calmly. "They think you were kidnapped."