Chapter 31

Chia-Jung's POV

I walked into the workshop where they were keeping Asami and Bolin ties up. Bolin still hasn't waken up but I could hear Asami yelling at her father.

I knew she wouldn't recognize me because I was wearing my mask.

"Sir why is your daughter tied up?" I asked as I walked calmly into the room

"Its a long story."

"Really it's a long story?" Asami questioned as she scowled at me.

I grabbed one of the electric gloves from a rack and walked it over to a table near Asami. I managed to go unnoticed because Mr Sato was too busy trying to persuade his daughter to join the equalist.

'Play along. I can help.' I wrote on a piece of paper before walking behind Mr Sato and holding it to where she could read the message. Bolin was trying to convince Asami not to listen to her father since he couldn't see me.

Sure enough Mr Sato began to untie his daughter, so I made another quick sign.

'Grab the glove. Fully charged.'

I began to leave when I heard her father scream in pain.

"Why did you help us?" Asami asked as she seemed ready to attack me.

"Asami we need to stop these things." Bolin stated as he ran to the exit before stopping and turning around. "Why do you have Chia's bag."

I slowly removed my mask to show them my face.

"Are you helping them?" He asked sounding concerned.

"We've been over this." I started to walk away. "I didn't have a choice."

"Why didn't you..."

"A guy came to me and told me he knew about Kali that if I didn't quit stalling he'd more than hurt her."

Bolin nodded his head before he ran outside. I could hear the sound of engines starting up and of the biplanes breaking.

"You should know they cant get to her." Asami stated.

"These people know how to capture benders, they've captured her and Bolin before. Even if the equalist couldn't get her Amon could."

"How can you be so sure?" She looked at me like I had betrayed them. Which I technically did.

There was a bight flash of light and I suddenly didn't have control over my body. I felt as if I was sitting there watching everything happen.

"Amon is a blood bender." A foreign voice spoken place of mine.

"What happened to..." Asami started.

"It doesn't matter Asami. Right now you have a job to do. I'll take down the fence."

My body left the workshop and headed to the fence.

Suddenly a giant tree began to sprout from the ground and destroyed a good section of the fence post causing the electricity to short circuit.

I finally gained control over myself just in time to see Bolin and Asami managing to escape with the warehouse on fire.

"Chia?" I turned around to see Kali standing behind me with tears in her eyes. "Asami told me you've been helping them..."

I heard a barking and saw Asher was standing next to her.

"I didn't want to..."

"Did you design those machines that flew through the air?" She asked as tears filled her eyes.

"They weren't meant to cause any of this, but they forced me to change them." I explained as tears filled my eyes.

"They could have killed a lot of people." She yelled at me as she shoved my shoulder. "What could have been worth that?"

"You." I spoke softly. "They were going to hurt you."

She froze as if she was surprised.

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I carefully placed my hand on the side of her face. "I love you."

"Then why did you build those?" She brushed my hand away.

"The biplanes were built before I knew they planned to use them for evil."

Asher began to jump at me to try and get me to play with him, but I had to push him away.

"I need some space to figure this out." She backed away from me before she turned around and started walking away. "I'm sorry."

"It's understandable." I sighed as I tried my best to stop tears from rolling down my face. "Asher take care of her."

The dog whined before he nodded.

"Guard this too, ok?" I strapped my bag to him before I set him after Kali.

I walked back over to the burning workshop and found my mask.

'If you are going to help you're gonna gave to take them down from the inside.'

"I guess so."

"Did you manage to save the blueprints?" Mr Sato asked as he ran over to me.

"I saw someone so I chased after them. They got away so I came back and it was already like this." I stated as I forced panic to escape into my words.

"Come on we need to leave." He grabbed my arm and began to guide me away. "Where is your bag?"

"I was designing something new, when that woman showed up so I chased her. I left my things on my desk." I sighed as I adjusted my mask.

"There is a rally at the probending arena tonight. We are needed there." He guided me into another van before we went to the arena.

I was slightly irritated because they postponed the rally for a few day and I was made to stay in a room to rest for a few days because of the whole workshop incident.

I was pacing my room when I heard a commotion outside. I ran out to see Tenzin and his children tied up. Then I saw Lin was being carried while seeming to be unable to move. I looked to the children and they were terrified.

"These are children." I stopped the men.

"Get out of our way." One of the men ordered as he shoved my shoulder.

"Untie the children." I ordered.

"Who do you think you are ordering us around?" He shoved me harder than the last time.

"I am Mara." I stood up straight.

They both started laughing.

Then I pulled out my mask and put it on. I regretted doing so because it made the children flinch in fear.

"I'm sorry Miss Mara." The guy that had shoved me lowered his head as he apologized.

I lowered my mask and put it back into my waist band.

"Even so Miss Mara we are under orders from Amon himself to keep them restrained." One of the other guys stated.

"Fine, take me to Amon. Now." I ordered the men they placed everyone into the makeshift cell and locked them while they were still restrained. I then sent them outside the room to 'make sure the path was safe for me to travel.'

"I'll find a way to help. I promise." I whispered to Tenzin and Lin.

"They have Pema and the baby in a less secured room." Lin spoke quietly as she groaned in pain.

"Pena had the baby already?" I was shocked by the bad timing.

"The path is clear Miss Mara." One of the men said as they opened the door for me to leave.