Chapter 33

Chia-jung's POV

I know I lost a fair amount of blood but I refused to have people  helping me around as we boarded a ship that would take us to the southern water tribe.

Asher walked in between Kali and myself as I walked to the room I would be staying in until we arrived.

I ended up sharing a room with Lin because Kali still wanted to have some space so she was staying in a room with Korra and Asami.

Once I made it to my cot I realized Kali had my bag instead of Asher.

"Lin do you need evidence tying Hiroshi Sato to the equalist other than his machines?" I asked Lin since she entered immediately  after us.

"All evidence is welcome."

"Kali may I have my bag?"

She hesitantly handed it over to me before she left seeming unsure of her choice.

"Before the workshop in the mountains burned down I managed to steal all of the blue prints."

"These could end up incriminating you as well." She stated as she took the papers.

"That's fine. I have my originals that show my designs were taken and adjusted for his purposes, except the weapons I only made the power banks." I pulled out my other papers with my designs. "If I get in trouble then its fine."

She began to silently go through everything making sure to keep Mr Sato's papers separate from mine.

"Honestly I'm not in much shape to care." I stayed as I motioned to how most of my body had bandages over it.

"This will be a great help and I don't think I need your copies since they aren't dangerous designs. Yours seem to truly be meant to help farther society."

I laughed a bit before groaning in pain and getting a concerned looked from Lin.

"That's what I was told my designs would be used for. To help people."

I laid on my cot for a while while Lin continued to sort out the evidence I had given her.

I don't need these old designs would you be willing  to take them to Asami, she might like them since she said she was going to fix her family company. She may need some product."

"Yea. I can do that."

As soon as she left the room I made my way on deck to see the moon. I managed to climb onto the roof of the control room.

It was a quiet night until I heard a few people start to call my name. I didnt want them to find me so I remained quiet and pulled my knees to my chest in an attempt to be smaller.

"Doesn't it cause you a lot of pain moving around without help?" I turned to see Tenzin had found me after about an hour.

"Yes it hurts a lot." I decided to remain quiet so no one else could find me.

"I never got the chance to thank you." He said as he sat next to me. "You helped save my children. If you hadn't been there we wouldn't have our bending right now and air benders would truly be gone."

"It was the right thing to do."

"You didn't have do what you did but you still did." He looked at me with heavy eyes. "I'm sorry about what happened to you. If I could have stopped it I would have."

"I would do it over again if I had to." I spoke louder this time. "Every choice I made, I'd do it again. Id redesigning the things to help everyone. I would sabotage the bomb releases on the biplanes, and I would even get beat up again. I know most people will see what I've done and be angry with me, but they also won't look at why I did what I did."