Chapter 23

Chia-Jung's POV

"Tenzin we need to talk." Korra said as she entered his office while I followed her. She seemed more on edge that she was last night, like something is wrong.

"Korra I don't have time for this." Tenzin stated as he turned around. "Chia-Jung..." He looked surprised to see me.

"Hey." I waved awkwardly. "I have some questions."

He guided us outside to a meditation gazebo where I sat down on the railing over looking a cliff.

"What is going on?" Tenzin asked after he had anyone around leave.

"You are the only person I know that has a lot of knowledge about the spirit world." I said as I turned to face them. "Well the only person I can easily talk to right now."

His posture straightened out and Korra looked confused.

"I don't think I can call it a dream, but I saw a spirit. She looked like me but for a split second she was different." I continued to explain the dream.

"I'll do some research and see if there is anything I can find for you."

"Thank you Tenzin. I should get back to work. I don't think Mr Sato is happy I skipped most of my duties today."

"What exactly do you do for him?"

"I run errands, design different tools and machinery, and sometimes he has me attend those equalist rallies so I can tell him what they say." I gave him a quick explanation as I began to leave.

"I'll walk with you." Korra said as she followed me.

Before I knew it Naga was following us.

"So do you think Mr Sato is going to have you go to the rally tonight?" She seemed like she was curious.

"It's possible."

"Do you know what the surprise is?" She asked sounding nervous.

"No, but I over heard some of the triple threats were captured last night and Amon is going to make an example of them." I scratched my head as I tried to remember everything I over heard while they thought I was out of the room.

"Do you think they'll kill them?" She asked sounding scared.

"No. I don't think they think killing people will help their cause." I stated honestly. "I've talked to some of these people they think their oppressed."

"Well their not!" Korra yelled from irritation.

"Korra you're looking from the eyes of a bender." I said calmly hoping to calm her down. "Look at the people the triple threat terrorize. They can't defend themselves against the bending like you could."

She froze as if to think about what I said.

"So it's like if I were to attack you there is nothing you could do to stop me?" She asked as she took a step back into Naga who just nudged Korra back.

"More than likely." I stated before walking into the boat.

She followed me, as did Naga.

"Tonight Mako and I are going tonight. Amon is up to something and I don't think it is good. Someone doesn't just kidnap people and mean good by it."

"Maybe." She looked at me but didn't ask as to why I stated what I did.

"If we see you tonight we'll come get you. We might need all the help we can get when it comes to breaking out Bolin."

"If I am able and there I will help. Bolin is my friend too."

She walked me back to the Sato manor and as soon as I was in the gate Mr Sato met me.

"Good evening Mara." He smiled as he guided me to the room I was staying in. "Tonight is a special night for you. Your outfit has been designed specifically for you and your mask will help keep your identity a secret."

"Why would I...."

"We can't have everyone looking for you. After we show our treasure to the world." He patted my back before heading over to the door. "I'll have a driver take you to the rally in an hour, be ready."

"Yes sir." I spoke softly before heading to the room I was given.

I found a black box placed on the bed. As I got closer I discovered that there was also a note on the box.

'The revolution is upon us.'

I opened the box and found solid black jacket, pants, and boots.

At the bottom of the box there was a mask wrapped up in a white shirt. With a greenish yellow lightning bolt going over the right eye that was covered by a black lense.

I guess they designed it that way because my eye is a dead give away.

I sighed as I began to put on the uniform. One of the house maids entered suddenly as I finished putting the pants on.

"I was sent to help you get ready Miss Mara." She smiled at me as she began to undo my braid and brush through my hair.

I never let anyone do my hair, except for the one time Kya insisted that she'd braid my hair when it was practically frozen from the snow.

This woman is being a lot rougher than Kya was and it hurt a bit as she pulled the brush through my hair. After she finished she left the room without saying anything.

I quickly threw on the jacket and boots before grabbing the mask and looking in the mirror. I already looked different with my hair styled this way and when I put the mask on I felt scared of myself.

"Let's get this over with." I sighed as I tied the mask into place.

I met up with Mr. Sato and he guided me to a van full of people dressed in black and brown full body suits. Some of them had gloves I recognized helping design that sent electrical shocks into others to subdue your enemy. I was surprised because I was told they were going to be given to the republic city law enforcement for their non-benders to help out when arresting... ok I probably should have seen the lie.

No one dared to speak on the ride even when I tried to start a conversation.

Then we suddenly stopped. I managed to stop myself from falling out of my seat from the sudden jerk of the van.

The next thing I knew I was being guided into a dark factory building and placed on a stage.

I was moved out of sight as people began to enter the factory.

"Mara you will be called on stage after Amon gives his speech before he shows them what he wants." Some guy began to inform me.

"You must be Mara. I'm glad to have a genius working with us. I hope you don't mind the disguise. We want to keep one of out brightest minds a secret so you are safe." Amon grabbed my shoulder as he spoke. "Hiroshi Sato made a few adjustments I see, but it looks good."

I wasn't sure what to say to him.

"Now I've got a revolution to lead." He said before walking onto the stage.