Chapter 4

Chia-jung's POV

"Korra you're finally home... and you made a friend. Glad to see you actually listened to someone and came home for dinner." A woman smiled at us. "Remember I made your favorite since its your last night with us until you go to Republic City."

"Yes mom I remembered. This is Chia-jung she is coming with me and Kya on the trip. Kya is gonna look in the public records for some things and Chia here is going to help her."

"Well that's very nice of you." The woman smiled at me and turned around "are you going to be joining us for dinner?"

"Yes she is mom." Korra said quickly before I could answer.

"Great we have company. Tonraq hurry up." She yelled before a man walked into the room.

"What is it Senna?" He stopped and stared at me. "Who is she?"

"Dad this is Chia-jung. She is a friend of mine." Korra said before we all sat down at a table filled with food.

"Its great to see one of your friends joining us for dinner Korra." Senna said as she began to serve the food.

"Yes it really is so how did you two become friends?" Tonraq kept starring at me like I was an invader or something.

"Oh Naga ran into her while she was shopping with Kya." Korra managed to speak with her mouth filled with food.

"That pet of yours is gonna get you into trouble." Her mother waved a spoon at her before she smiled. "She will probably be your way out of trouble too."

"So Chia do you have any pet's?" Korra asked trying to start a conversation with me.

"I don't think so." I tried to think about my past but my head began to hurt until I stopped.

"What do you mean?" Senna looked over to like she was concerned.

"Oh she has like amnesia or something. She can't remember her past." Korra said for me as I looked down at the bowl in front of me and began to push the noodles around in the bowl. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked Chia. I wasn't thinking."

"Its fine. That doesn't bother me. The fact I don't know is what bothers me." I looked up and everyone's expressions about me were different. "Let's not talk about that let's talk about something fun."

"I could tell you some stories about Korra as a baby..." Senna began to ramble about embarrassing stories while korra begged for mercy.

The rest of the night was just a bunch of talking and joking around until it came time to leave.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay the night and just leave with me in the morning?" Korra asked as she climbed onto the tired polar bear dog.

"You don't have to give me a ride but I do have to get back I Kya didn't know I left," I said as I looked up to her.

"Well I'm not letting you walk. So come on." She pulled me up onto Naga and we quickly got to Kya's hut. "See ya tomorrow. We can talk more on the ride to Republic City." She smiled as she rode off.

"So you were with the Avatar I thought you might have vanished. I was hoping that wasn't the case." Kya said while standing in the door way. "Come on inside before you catch a cold."

I followed her inside and there were two suitcases sitting on the ground.

"I hope you don't mind I pack your bag and I also bought managed to find some fabric close to what I found you in so you don't have to wear the same thing the whole time in the city." She opened a suitcase and pulled out an outfit that almost looked exactly like the one I was found it.

"Thank you. You are too kind." I went and gave her a hug.

"I just figured you don't want to wear this win the city because you will get too hot plus you looked more comfortable when you were in your other clothes," She said as she hugged me back.

She pulled away and turned back to the suitcase.

"You should get some sleep we are leaving first thing in the morning." She said as she carefully packed the suitcase back up and closed it.

"Good night," I said as I walked to the room she was letting me use.

"Night." She said as I closed the door.

I went and changed out of the clothing I was wearing. I probably was a bit too dramatic when I took off the boots, but as soon as I did my feet felt free.

I continued to remove the clothes and I put the black and purple ones back on. They felt more comfortable than the water tribe clothing.

After I changed I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep.