Baby girl

Holding a positive pregnancy stick in front of Elena four months later, I resist screaming as she looks up ftom her phone.  When she sees me frozen at the doorframe of her guest bathroom, I watch her standing and coming towards me....

Positive?

I nod my open mouth turning into grin easily

Yes.

Oh my god sona I'm so happy for you.. She takes me in her arms, squeezing tightly I close my eyes feeling relieved tears filling beneath my eyelids.

I cant- I can't believe it I laugh shaking my head when she pulls back.

I have to go. I have to tell Dev...

Of course go....

Beaming I pick my bag up off the chair and kiss her quickly on the cheek, rushing out the door. In taxi I'm practically jumping up and down desperately begging the driver to go faster.  I pay the man rather well considering how happy im.

His receptionist sees me smiling he's free. You can go in...

Thank you.... I grin probably looking ridiculous. I grab the knob and pull open the glass door to his office.

Upon hearing the door open he turns standing by the small kitchen area. He's got a coffee mug in hand and he's  turning it with a spoon noticing me flushed and out of breath by the door he straightens alerty

Babe...

I bite my lip grinning wildly and I watch his face as he realizes. A large breath leaves his body and as if in my own personal fairytale, he sets down the mug on the counter and rushes to me picking me straight of the ground.  He smiles wide lifting his chin to press his lips to mine. My fingers run through his freshly cut hair feeling the soft waves..

Really? I'm gone become dad?  He laughs sounding in awe. I nod unable to stop smiling I see pure joy on his features not a hint of hesitation. 

He exhales pulling me into him. I close my eyes wrapping my arms tighter around his shoulders as his lips press tenderly to my forehead.

Happy?  I whisper unable to believe his reaction to this..

Very happy

I pull back cupping his neck just as my lips are about to connect with his again I smile here we go...

Here we go...

...............

As I hear a babies cry fill the hospital room my head falls back against the pillow exhausteldy.  I let out a breath a couple of ragged ones as I see Dev ecstatic face smiling down at me.  I lean my flushed cheek into his gloved hand squeezing his other hand slightly with what strength I have....

It looks like he's in between a half sob/half laugh as he presses his lips roughly to mine oh god I love you....

I chuckling nodding unsure as to what I'm feeling.  Doctor turns in blue scrubs holding a small child.  My child my baby.  Our baby Dev backs up as the doctor brings back the baby wrapped in a sheet.

You have a very beautiful baby girl.....

Dev breath leaves him in a sweeping exhale as I take the most beautiful human being in my arms. All 7 pounds of  her.  All the pain all the torturous mibe months of doctors appointment, bed rest and medication are forgotten as soon as she's in my arms. My lips tremble as I struggle to keep it together oh god she is so beautiful...

Drashika.  Drashika dixit the name we picked out months in advance going through numerous books it was absolute struggle.

With shakking fingers I lightly touch her hairless skull amazed that the baby in my stomach was this gorgeous little girl. I laugh staring down at her as tears pool over my lids spilling down my face.

I look up as Dev pushes my soaked hair from my face I know the look on his face will stay with me forever...

I love you I utter as he presses his lips to mine he nods before breaking away with laugh

I can't explain to you how much I love you right now he looks down touching Drashika hand gently with his fingers she is so  small

I know I chuckle unaware of anything going in around me than this.... Do you want to hold her???

He nods straightening I lift my jelly arms setting the baby carefully into the cradle she's created with his arms Drashika small body fits on just one of them he holds her small head up with his free hand staring down at him I watch them together feeling a happiness so consuming that it pains me. A single tear runs down his face  as he smiles widely shaking in awe
Drashika...

I uploaded the whole episode but it updated half.....