(13)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

"Wow! You look so pretty!" Emily stated, looking at Kimberly.

"Yeah. I have to admit I did a good job"

"I haven't done a facial before. Thank you so much" She gave Shannon a bright smile. Shannon passed her a mirror and she look at her reflection, she was amazed.

"Wow!" She said. Her skin didn't look so dull anymore. It had color, it had life, it had a certain glow on them.

"Pretty. Pretty. Now, for the hair!" She said, pushing Kimberly's head back down.

"Let's make you even more prettier!" Shannon said, in that creepy, psycho tone she has. Emily watch as Shannon washed Kimberly's hair, for some reason it looks really harsh with the way she is moving.

"Ah! Shannon!" She hissed, as Shannon scrubbed her hair thoroughly.

"Your hair will be soft and shiny once I'm done. I promise you that"

"Ow! Gently!" Kimberly grunt in pain, gripping Shannon's arm.

"It's like you're ripping out my hair!" She hissed.

"Do you see your hair? Even a mop would be jealous" She said, making Kimberly shut up.

"Okay" She said.

"Okay, what?"

"It's just... okay. Okay, whatever" Kimberly said, Emily look at the exchange and felt confused.

"She even did my hair" Emily stated, twirling her ponytail.

"Your hair is gorgeous" Kimberly complimented.

"Thank you" Shannon and Emily said in sync, making Emily giggle, showing her cheeky smile.

"It's so upsetting that he is coming back" Kimberly stated.

"The master isn't so bad, you know?" Emily said.

"You really love him, don't you?" Shannon asked.

"Of course, I do. I practically owe him my life" Emily said, putting a hand on her chest.

"I wouldn't have met any of you and maybe I wouldn't even be alive!" She added.

"When I saw him, I knew he was going to be the one to save me" She went on. Kimberly and Shannon exchange glances and look back towards Emily, weirdly.

"He's like an older brother to me" Emily ended, smiling towards them.

"Hmm. Such strong feelings" Kimberly stated, not knowing what to say.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do we even have to do this?" Kimberly whispered towards Shannon.

"The members are like princes to the council and to every vampire. Isn't it obvious that we have to treat them that way?" Shannon said, as a matter of factly. Kimberly watch as the gates open and the cars drive in. One, two, three cars in total. All the same model and looks expensive too. The servants are aligned on opposite side, facing each other.

"Just lower your head and don't look up" Shannon whispered, Kimberly obeyed to what she said. She heard heavy footsteps, walking up the steps. She felt curious and glance up for a brief moment. Instantly, her eyes met with Wonho's eyes, she quickly look down and she felt them walking pass. Leaving strong scents of cologne in their trail, which she had to admit, smelled nice.

"Let's go" Shannon grabbed her arm and dragged her away.

"Why does he look so upset?" She asked to no one. She remembered Wonho's eyes looking so sad and lonely.

"Come on" She tugged on her arm.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey" Kimberly heard a low voice behind her, she turn her head to the side and look back.

"Oh, sir. Can I help you with anything?" She asked him, he slowly shake his head.

"I just wanted to grab a drink" He said, as he went to the fridge. She went back to washing the dishes, as he grab a glass and filled it with orange juice.

"Why is a slave doing a servant's job?" Changkyun asked.

"Uh... whenever the master is busy, this is what I have to do. The other servants just clean, do the laundry, fix things and tend to the master's things. I just do little things" She stated, as she switch off the tap and wipe her hands dry.

"You look different" Changkyun leans on the counter and look at her.

"Is it a good different, or a b-?"

"Of course, it's good" He cut her off.

"You even dyed your hair and everything" She tucked her now auburn short hair behind her ear. As expected, he knew there was a beauty waiting to bloom. Clearly, Wonho is blind and don't appreciate people around him.

"Tell me a little something about yourself" Changkyun started, coming closer towards her and went to grab a seat at the high chair. She take in what he said, then she felt confused.

"W-why?" She stuttered.

"Is it wrong for me to know?" He asked.

"No. Of course, not" She said. But it was still weird, she's just a slave, nothing more, nothing less.

"I'm waiting" He said, after seeing her falling silent. She thought for a moment.

"I was taken in by the people at the slavery house, when I was... six, no, seven. I can't remember which orphanage I came from. Uh... then, at the slavery house, I was raised by the chef there, I stayed in the kitchen my whole life. Then I was caught" She said, all the while, she was twiddling with her thumbs.

"You were caught?" He asked, scrunching his eyebrows.

"They caught me and they instantly sold me off. And here I am" She finished.

"How do you manage to stay hidden all those years without getting caught?" He asked, looking at her interested.

"The chef helped a lot. The time I didn't expect them to enter the kitchen, they did"

"How old are you exactly?" He asked.

"19" She replied, he nod at that.

"I see" He replied, she watch as he stood up from the chair and went to head out. She felt confused, he just walked out like that.

"Here" She jumped, hearing a voice and when she turned, a paper bag was given to her. How did he turn up so fast? She look at Changkyun, slightly stunned, but she look at the paper bag.

"What is this?" She asked.

"A little gift" He said, she raise her eyebrows and look inside. A smile slowly appear on her face.

"A teddy bear?" She asked, chuckling.

"I never had those" She said, looking up at him, grateful.

"Thank you, sir. Thank you so much" She smile down at the bear, Changkyun can't help but smile back. He slip his hand in his pocket and walk out, she look at his figure walking away.

"Wow" She grab it out and hugged the bear, smiling.

xxxxxxxxxx