Chapter 21 (Longing)

Work has been pretty intense for Malik,as his personal assistant/secretary happened to be on a break. Well,as much as he hated to admit it,he is missing her. And as bad as that sounded he yearns to see her again. He hasn't texted her in three days  now,unlike he asked of her. Not that he didn't want to,but he had been trying to stick to his reservations for her and the most annoying part is he is failing miserably at it. He rubbed his hands on his face in frustration, he hated the feeling of falling in love with another woman other than his wife,infact he never thought he would be caught up in this mess. How he got wrapped up in having feelings for Amal is still an unsolved mystery to him and from all indications, it's getting the best of him. If you could ask him a year ago,he never for once thought he would be harbouring feelings for Amal, but look who's caught up now....  Life has it's own funny way of proving us all wrong. He couldn't keep up anymore so he took out his phone to text her. Luckily she was online at the time too. Talk about coincidence.

*Enjoying your break i see.

He typed and hit send. Less than two minutes later,her reply came through.

*Yeah kinda. Just trying to make the best of it before it ends for good.

Smiling at her reply he typed again.

*Great... It's been different without you here. Y'know work stuff and all.

The truth is he had wanted to say he misses her presence in the office,but on second thought he decided not to say that to her.

Amal felt a sudden rush of blood to her heart. What did he mean? Does he miss working with her or seeing her? Malik is an unpredictable person, one minute he's talking with you like he gives a s*** about you and the other,he's back to his neutral self who's bored by everything and doesn't give a darn what the world thinks. As for now,she's enjoying the little attention he's giving her. It's not everyday you get a text from the unpredictable Malik. So she typed to reply his text smiling ear to ear at her phone screen.

*Too much work yeah... i thought as much. You should've taken some break too just like every member of the planning committee. And btw i miss work too.

She laughed inwardly at herself,who misses work for God's sake?  She questioned herself. The reality is she's enjoying her stay at home,all she misses about office is Malik.

Malik had wanted to take the week off too,but he couldn't due to some work he needed to finish and he needed to finish preparations for his upcoming trip to Vegas for a seminar.

They continued texting each other until Malik finally went offline to get some work done with the assurance of texting her later.

To say Amal was happy was an understatement, Malik texting her really made her day and got her fantasizing about him. Yes,as crazy as it sounded,she's beginning to think about him more and more each day.

Malik on the other hand kept pondering upon what happened just now. He and Amal texting,with him even assuring her about texting her later in the day.
It's a mystery to him how everything spinned up in about a short period of time. Not that his love for his wife has reduced in any way,but Amal is slowly making her way into his heart. As much as he hated to admit it, thinking about Amal has become more like a daily routine to him,and to cap it all,he misses her presence in the office now. He misses seeing her come in every morning with his scheule for the day,he misses going into meeting with her,he misses her silence,he misses everything about her,heck he misses her. He didn't even think her absense will be felt so much by him like this. One thing he has realised is that the more he tries to deny his affections towards her,the more he tries to shake her thoughts off from his head, the more she crosses his mind.
"This is so not fair,I'm screwed. Ya Allah help me".

He said to himself putting his face in his hands. He checked his watch to see the time,it's some minutes to his next meeting so he used the few minutes to gather what he needs for the meeting and other important documents,turned off his computer and got ready to go into the meeting.

**********************
Salam #TLIMMsquad. How are we all? Well this is a short chapter ikr... lol and to add salt to the injury there was no #ZainMalik moment. I told y'all we about to have a love triangle. Well it's beginning to happen guyyss. We'll be seeing more of #Amalik moments throughout the next chapter too. So don't forget to vote,share and comment. And you ghost readers,I'm watching you people. Please stop being silent. Tell me whatcha think. What team do y'all belong to? #TeamZainMalik or #TeamAmalik. Comment and tell me. Love y'all and stay beautiful lovelies. 😘❤

#TLIMMsquad
#TLIMM