Chapter 52 (Fight for you)

Hello guys how are we all... welcome to another chapter of #TLIMM. A huge shoutout goes to (ummeyterabba) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter. Thank you beautiful. Hope you enjoy the newest chapter ❤
**************
Zain clutched her phone tightly in her hand placing it to her ear feeling some surge of anxiety with her heart hammering in her chest as if it's threatening to bolt out. She shut her eyes waiting for the call to connect from the other side. She never thought she will be doing such but she  had no control over herself lately as a huge part of her is still stuck with Malik despite all that happened between them. Stupid right? But who's to blame when the heart always finds a way to defy the mind. The thought of him hasn't left her mind ever since their last encounter and she's still not over the fact that he never married the woman he fell in love with. But the nagging question that races through her mind all the time is 'Doesn't he want her anymore that he never asked her to get back with him when he told her that he never married?'...

The complete silence from telling her that the call hasn't connected brought her back from her trance and she looked at her phone in astonishment wondering if he has stopped using the line with confusion written all over her face. She pressed the call button again but still the call didn't connect. Sighing to herself she dropped the phone on the dresser and plopped down on her bed wondering if Malik has changed his line all of a sudden. Later that day,she met her mother in her room after dinner and decided to talk to her. Maybe a motherly advice can help her out of this puzzled misery she is in.

"Maama do you think Malik deserves my forgiveness? ".

Her mom looked at her and smiled with a shake of her head.

"Zain,everybody deserves forgiveness,forgiving each other is one of the most important things we need to do to contribute to the healing of the world. I have seen how you are suffering every day because of what happened between you and Malik. It's up to you whether to forgive him or not but i will tell you one thing as your mother and the one who loves you the most more than anyone,forgive yourself and fight Zain. Fight for you,fight for what you believe is yours,fight for your inner peace because the world is too small and time is too short for letting the anger you feel and the grudge you're holding take you down and leave you miserable for the rest of your life".

Her mother's words pierced through her as she all she said was right more than she cared to admit. But the problem is she is still in love with Malik. If she could only forgive him and move past everything without him a nagging feeling inside of her wants him back with her. A shudder passed through her spine as she remembered how she couldn't reach him earlier making her think he doesn't want her anymore.

"Mom i want to forgive him and move on but i don't know if i can still move on without him. I don't even think he wants me anymore ".

Her mother studied the fallen look on Zain's face taking pity on her.

"Malik never wanted to issue that divorce,it was your choice Zain and he respected it. He has been fighting to have you back despite all the wrong he has done but we all make mistakes Zain,marriage goes through alot of challenges and shaky path that'll have you question your own sanity but in the end it's all about fighting together against all odds to keep it together. I am not asking you to let Malik back into your life but all i am asking you is  to be brave enough to not let go without fighting,i know a part of you still loves him and the more you crush it the more it invades your mind. So Zain i am urging you to do what is right for yourself because it kills me everyday to see you sad."

"I'm doing okay mum. Don't worry about me".
Zain muttered more to herself than to her mother.

"No you are not,"
Her mother interrupted and continued to speak.