Chapter 50 (Parting ways)

Salam hello #TLIMMsquad.. oh guys good news i got. I just woke up and saw a tag on my story,we are now ranking 805 in romance. Guysss i wouldn't be here without you and it really means alot to me. It's not a competition, but to have your work being recognised is an amazing priceless feeling. I'm sure the writers among y'all can relate *wink. Thank you so much beautiful people,i love and appreciate everyone of you.
My special huge shoutout goes to (aysha _stores) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter. Thank you beautiful ❤.
Enjoy the chapter
************

Malik was stunned by Amal's sudden decision to move away. She said it flatly as if it didn't have any weight on her tongue. Of all the time he had known her,she never striked him as the one to run away from her problems and life challenges,but be will totally understand if she is running away now because she is dealing with so much now.
"Why do you want to move away Amal? And where are you moving to? That means you're leaving me?".

The questions came in succession and quick not how he had planned to ask her one by one,he had a little hope that he might talk her out of her decision. She tapped her foot nervously and rubbed her sweaty palms on the fabric of her skirt. His questions pouring all over her and she was not ready for any of them,but it's now or never. Remembering the email she received,she spoke silently.

"I got a scholarship to Birmingham for a master's degree..."

His eyebrow raised as he registered what she just said.

"Birmigham huh..? So when were you going to tell me Amal? When? Now that you've decided to leave already huh!?"
He spatted his temper rising on edge. He felt like a complete fool and as realisation hit him that he will not be seeing her anymore, the fear creep on him sending his stomach in knots.

"I didn't even know i will get when i applied. I got the approval email just days ago. "

"I get it Amal,i am all messed up and i knew it sooner or later you'll get tired of keeping up with me to brace up and get my shit together. But this, i didn't bargain for this."

He said shaply causing Amal temper to rise.

"Who said anything about you? I need to move on with my life and search for something better Malik. My life doesn't revolve around you,not everything is about you. Cut me some slack!".
She retorted matching his tone glaring in his direction as the anger kept growing inside her reminding her that she sure needed to be away somewhere.

Stunned by how it got really heated between them in a short time he took a step forward to march out of the office before he says something he will regret again.

"Congratulations then. I will see to the approval of your resignation and i hope you find something better as you said because clearly i was never enough for you ".
He said in monotone as he slammed the door behind him.

Amal took a sharp intake of breath and tears that prickled her eyes began to rush down in waterfalls on her face. She had cried enough in the past days and as much as she wanted to hold it,this was the moment she had been dreading. Malik is her weak point. Wiping the tears off her face,she turned to the direction of the vase and a small sad smile crept on to her face remembering how she tripped on that vase,that was the time she knew that she had fallen in too deep for Malik. She propped herself up feeling the fatigue threatening to overpower her,she entered her office with the intention to dig herself into work but she had no motivation to do so. Sighing she grabbed her bag and keys,locked her office and went straight home after texting Hafsah that she'll be home before closing hours. The last place she wanted to be at the moment is that office as everything around it remind her of Malik and what she's about to leave behind.