Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)

Salam hello guyss welcome to another chapter of #TLIMM. A huge shout out goes to (ayushhh) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter. Thank you beautiful 💕.
Enjoy the chapter guys.
**************

"Zain where are you hurrying to? Stop there!".

"Maama i need to see him. Please".

Zain cried out to her mother feeling her heart dropping with every word she says.

"You will not go alone,Aaliyah will drive you there. You're not in a fit condition to drive there".

Her mother cautioned and Zain nodded in approval as she dashed to Aaliyah's room in a haste almost tumbling on her own feet while her heart kept on hammering against her ribcage silently praying that he is not in a terrible state at the hospital.

"Aaliyah get ready we need to go to the hospital. You will be driving ".

Zain came into Aaliyah's room throwing the keys in her direction as Aaliyah caught the keys taking in Zain's haggered appearance. She felt a little annoyed at the way Zain had not been herself ever since the news about Malik's accident reached them earlier that morning. With an eyeroll which Zain to notice,she dressed up and they headed out with Zain in front of her as she could barely keep up with Zain's long quick strides.

"Maama we are off for the hospital ".

Zain called out to their mom,she waved them off as she was on a call at the time.

The drive to the hospital was a silent one as neither of the two spoke with so many thoughts swarming their minds. Aaliyah pulled at the hospital premises and stepped out leaving Zain who's trying to make up her mind whether to step in or not.
Aaliya glanced at her direction noticing her uneasiness.

"You coming or you just made me drive here while you haven't made up your mind?". Her tone was a bit harsh but she couldn't help it,she just can't fathom how Zain would be disturbed about Malik's condition after allhe had done to her.

"I'm coming Aaliyah, it's not that easy you know".
Zain stated quietly feeling her legs go jelly like as she took a step closing the car door behind her.

Aaliyah felt bad for snapping at Zain,her elder sister at that so she kept quiet until they reached the reception. She made Zain take a seat in one of the chairs while she inquires from the receptionist about Malik.

Zain sat as Aaliyah made her to but it wasn't helping in calming her. She watched as the receptionist and Aaliyah spoke in hushed tones. Soon,they finished and Aaliyah thanked the woman turning to Zain's direction.

"They've both been admitted. Na'im is in the ward and Malik is in the emergency. His condition is critical".

Zain blinked back the tears that formed and felt a large lump form in her throat as her mouth went completely dry.

"Come on let's go see Na'im, i am not sure if they'll allow us see Malik".
Aaliyah held her hand and led her to the rooms. They located Na'im's room quite easily as they passed the cold empty corridors.

"AssalamuAlaikum ". They said in unison making the people's attention turn to them.

Malik's family greeted them with beaming smiles as Malik's mom engulfed Zain in a hug. For a woman whose 2 eldest children are both laying in the hospital,she really handled it quite well and she gave her huge credit for her resilience.

"We've missed you around Zain. How have you been?".

Malik's father spoke for the first time glancing in Zain's direction after adjusting the pillow to make Na'im more comfortable.