Chapter 54 (Coming home)

Hello guys... a new chapter yayy..
Hope you're all good. Looks like #ZainMalik are getting better because no matter what i guess love always finds it's way. I want you guys to understand one thing,for real Malik fu**ed up his marriage big time but the divorce was Zain's choice if you can recall. He didn't leave her at because of Amal. And just to make things clear, Amal and Malik are done for good.  She will never make an appearance in this book but i am thinking of coming up with a spin off of TLIMM telling Amal's story but Malik will not be in it too. Infact it can be red as a stand-alone. Tell me what you people think please i will love that. Oh i almost forgot my bad.. a huge big great shout out goes to the amazing (nirdini) the first commenter on the previous chapter. Thank you sweetheart 😘
*****************
He couldn't wipe the stupid grin off his face even when she had cut the conversation short by saying it's past her bedtime. He slept happily that night,something he hadn't done in a long time. He was already mentally planning on how to take a short break from work and go home to see her. After all the earlier the better and he is not planning on letting her go again.

For the next few days they talked mainly by text from time to time. She was behaving like a complete stranger and when he asked she had told him that she needed to adjust to things first. Wondering if there was something she needed to tell him,he bottled his curiosity inside of him. It's only normal for seeing the person who hurt you when you least expected as a complete stranger.

Malik studied his new boss looking at the papers he had given him to sign. His boss was a serious man when it comes to work but nevertheless Malik has a  rapport with him considering how hardworking he is and also the man can be fun and friendly some of the time.

His boss cleared his throat and began to speak in his commanding voice.

"Mr Malik i am not rejecting your application for a casual leave but as your boss i think it will be more advisable for you to wait since the end of the year holidays are around the corner. "

His boss finished shoving the papers in his direction.

"You're right sir. It's wiser that way and i guess i can stay until the holidays come then come back with my family ".

The older man looked at him with a puzzled expression on his face.

"I thought you are a bachelor ".

Malik scratched the nape of his neck and gave a sheepish smile before he responded.

"I was married but not anymore. That's what i will be going back home to fix sir".

His boss' mouth formed an O shape in realisation and then his lips pulled up into a small smile.

"Well then i wish you luck with her. "

Malik beamed with a full grin and muttered his thanks leaving the office to attend to some new client.

**********************
Munira was left mouth agape after hearing what Zain had told her. They were in Munira's office as Zain kept on pestering her about wanting to share something with her and couldn't wait until lunch.
Zain practically barged into her office with a  full blown grin on her face as her eyes sparkled with excitement.

"So you guys made up already?".
Munira asked swatting Zain's hand away from the stack of papers she was trying to disorganise.

"Ouchh that hurts Munni.. and to answer your question it's a process we're taking slow. You know like we are starting all afresh."

"Wow that's why you can't seem to wipe that stupid grin off your face. Look at how you're giggling like a school girl".

"I can't help it Munni. After all the suffering it's like my life is getting sorted out now. I am glad i have found the strength to forgive him and give us another chance".