CHAPTER 5

Adhithi's pov:

         It was friday morning, I took half day leave. My parents and in laws are Coming today to buy saree for the marriage, my mom told they will pick me at 9. I was getting ready and rags had already left. I heard a horn sound.
I see through my window. They are here. I went down, my mom hugged me. I was wearing my mom's favourite blue salwar. You look beautiful dear she said and kissed my cheeks. My dad was waiting to hug me, I hugged him happily.

When we entered the car my mom told me that my in laws were already in the shop and waiting for us.

After twenty minutes, We reached there. I saw ajay's mom, she was very beautiful(not more than my mom), ajay was just the xerox copy of her. I greeted them and we shared the pleasantries..

we started seeing sarees.. It goes on... I keep on rejecting everything, Then my dad shows me golden saree with burgundy color border... it was breath taking. it was simple and looks too good, i said i want this one and everyone agrees with me.

I went out to call rags, when i return back ajay's mom was in a call. She actioned me to wait and said "ajay dear someone is here to talk to you"
What??? i was shocked, and never expected this coming. She suddenly gave me the mobile and went.

I hear him saying " mom, u there??"
hi, i said.
He was silent
Ajay? i said again
Yes! it was his reply.
How are you?
Fine till now.

His voice shows his anger,It made me nervous. But i want to talk to him. I have so many questions in my mind, i want to ask him and this is the only chance. I dont want to waste it.

Can i ask you something? i said.
If i said no what you will do? he was rude. but i dont want to stop.

No, i want to talk to you i said boldly.
Carry on.
Why you dont like this marriage?? finally i asked him. my heart was beating fast, i was waiting for his answer.
But he was silent.

Ajay i want answer for my question, i said.

You are not my wife to question me like this just remember one thing we only got engaged, And even if you are my wife you dont have the rights to question me. He shouted.

It took seconds for me to register his words. He was rude, And "i dont have the rights" it hurts! its hurts like anything. I dont know what i did wrong which made him to treat me like this.

His mom was watching me, i tried my best to control my emotions But its hard to control. A tear rolled down on my cheeks, i wiped it quickly before someone noticed it.

Its getting worse. His temper, i dont think i can tolerate it and his behaviour its hurts me so much. i just want to cut the call, but it makes things worse.

I cleared my throats and said, am sorry. I know i dont have the right, its my mistake i thought i can help you somewhere am sorry again.

If you think, you can help me give the mobile to my mom, he said.
His voices reflects the anger in him.

Good night, i said and give the mobile to his mom.

I ran to the restroom. His words keeping on running in my head tears started falling, i was furious. I was weak when it comes to him. I hate that. I dont know why am crying for a jerk who dont even know how to talk to his fiance.

For a second i thought of cancelling the marriage. But no, its impossible everything was done they even started inviting the guest. My parents have already suffered. I dont want to make it diffucult for them.

Why my life has to be like this?
I hate this life.

i Washed my face, went back to them with a faking smile.

The hardest thing is faking a smile and hiding your emotions.

************

Hope you all like the story.
Pls forgive me if there is any mistake.
Dont be a silent reader, do vote, comment and share.
Keep reading.
Luv u all😘